19.Let her go

"But you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go"

~passenger

Kennedy banks pov
Wednesday 8/17

"Kennedy our plane leaves in thirty minutes do you have your IDand ticket ready ? " my mom  asks anxiously over the chattered sounds in the airport

"Kennedy our plane leaves in thirty minutes do you have your IDand ticket ready ? " my mom asks anxiously over the chattered sounds in the airport .

It's Wednesday morning and we're finally flying out to LA to see Durk . We're staying a week and my nerves are all over the place . Not because of Durk or his family but because of Von.

I don't want to see Von at all while I'm out here ! But he's durks best friend and they see or talk to each other everyday . Which means during the week span I'm going to be out there I'm going to hear or see him at least once and that's gone to mess up the progress I made over time , which is something I don't need . Even though it's not much .

I'm just going to tell Durk I don't want to see him and everything should work out ! Right ?

"It's in my purse ma " I tell her to calm her nerves. When she's in an hetic environment she starts acting all crazy and shaking like she stole something .

"Get it out now Kennedy " she demands as we walk into a line waiting to board our plane .

"Ma I am twenty years old you don't have to be talking to me like a child " I remind her while digging the itemsI need out of my purse

"Well maybe if you didn't drop things I wouldn't have to " she rolls her eyes and pulls a paper out of her pocket .

"What's this ? " I asks taking it from her

"It fell out your purse when we first got out the Uber ms twenty year old and I just wanted to see how long you would go before you noticed it was gone " she smirks . I open up the paper and frown my face

"It don't even count , this isn't important " I tell her .

It's the note Von left on my for head that day I stayed in his house . I've kept it for this year because I love going back and reading it just to get a daily dose of his personality every now and then but now it's just trash .

"Not important?" She questions "girl you used to read that lil paper every day "

"Yep used to " I sigh then tear it in half . Her jaw drops " in the past " I say then throw it in the trash , finally letting go of the last piece of him that's left . I'm done .

Next in line please

We give the people what they asks for and walk threw the metal detectors waiting to board our plane .

My mother keeps looking over at me concerned and I know it's because that note I ripped up . She thinks I'm going to LA for Von and after seeing that I know she's confused but I'm confused to !