6. Heart on ice

"Think it's best I put my heart on ice, heart on ice
'Cause I can't breathe
I'ma put my heart on ice, heart on ice
It's gettin' the best of me"

~Rod Wave

Kennedy banks POV
Monday 8/8

I roughly pull my pink bubble mailers off the shelf and slam it on the desk , aggressively grabbing all my cosmetic products and shoving them in there packaging with crinkle paper decoration

I roughly pull my pink bubble mailers off the shelf and slam it on the desk , aggressively grabbing all my cosmetic products and shoving them in there packaging with crinkle paper decoration .

I'm packaging new orders from my website, to ship out today , but my mind is far from working . I woke up so angry and frustrated.

At first I thought it was because Im still at Daniels house and I distinctly remember leaving last night , but then I broke down in tears thinking about Von , and now I'm angry all over again . My emotions are confusing and making me irritated so I just decided to work on kck so I won't snap on everybody who comes around me .

"Uhm Kennedy ? " Daniel walks in the room as I rip the shipping label off the printer and stick it on the package . He got some nerve coming in here trying to talk to me after he den acted a damn fool last night .

I haven't talked to him since that dinner with jordie and I don't plan on it either .

Why would he even invite me if him and jordie was gone act like a couple the entire time . Flirting , laughing , touching , telling me unnecessary stories that I never asked about , kept cutting me off , and she damn near kissed him on the lips .

I'm not necessarily annoyed at the fact that she's doing it to him since I don't care for him that
Much . But I'm annoyed at the fact that she still hasn't changed . She tried to do the same thing with Von but Vons a real nigga , he stopped it . Daniel just lets that shit happen and then act clueless. Such a bitch .

Oh god I sound like Von thinking like this . Let me calm down .

"Kennedy ? " he asks again and I snap my neck towards him and frown .

"What damn ?" I question and he jumps back and looks concerned.

"Are you okay ? You seem a little mad ? "

"No im not okay , leave me the hell alone " I spat at him and throw the package in my kck bag then start on the next order .

He sighs and sits in the rolling chair at the desk and stares at me the entire time . "The hell you looking at me for ? " I ask rudely. Now I know why Von hated people . Everyone wanna Fuck with you why you mad , leave me the hell alone !

"Why are you acting like this ? " he ask and I ignore him and continue my packaging routine. " Is this about last night with jordie ? "

I start to chuckle and shake my head . He had to have known that would annoy me or he wouldn't have assumed that's why I'm mad . Him and jordie can kiss my ass " so you did that shit on purpose so I can get jealous or something? " I asks amused

"No , I just assumed that's why you have this little attitude because that's the last time you talked to me " he explains and I roll my eyes wishing he would just get out my face . "Look baby I'm sorry you feel like this but you know that's just how jordie is "

I look at him and frown my face "so you entertain it ? " I ask then speak before he can answer "I honestly don't care what y'all do but you could have left me out of it "

"Baby I don't want her " he says getting up to stand over me " you know I'm working towards us getting back together " he says softly and I scoff. His face hardens noticing my reaction and he frowns . "Is that not what we're working towards ? "

I drop my package on the desk and turn towards him "not when you got bitches flirting in your face right in front of me !"

"Bitches ? That's our friend " he defends her

"No that's your friend ! " I point " she stopped being my friend when she pulled the same shit she's doing to you on Von " I admit and his mug tightens .

"I thought you was over that bullshit ? Why you even still worried about that nigga ? " he questions and I shake my head looking down " plus I'm not him , not that jordie is the reason yall didn't work out anyways " he spats and I look at him in disbelief.

He always getting way to disrespectful when we argue . Now if I was to bring up how he got beat the fuck up then snitched , I would be the bad guy .

"It's not about Von , it's the fact that it's happening again and your allowing it , at least he stopped it " I say referring to Von to get under his skin .

"But did he stop Asian and Kitty from getting pregnant?" He questions and clench my jaws trying not to tear up .

"Fuck you Daniel " I mumble and grab my packaging bags to walk out .

"Kennedy wait " he sighs and grabs me . I snatch away and start to walk out again but he steps in front of the door and blocks the exit .

"Move " I grit through my teeth .

"I'm sorry " he says calmly " I shouldn't have spoke on that "

"Yeah you shouldn't have "

"I know and I crossed the line . But when you bring him up it upsets me "

"Okay well when jordies around it upsets me " I confess and he nods

"Okay I respect that Kennedy she's gone " he says and I automatically feel guilty for making him get rid of jordie when I'm entertaining Clarence . "But you gotta understand, she was the only one there for me when you were playing trap Queen with that guy , we never been intimate " he tells me and look down and listen to his choice of words .

Look where playing trap Queen got me . Unhappy as hell arguing with a dude I don't even love .

"If we're going to work towards something, she needs to be respectful " I say and a smile covers his face

"So she can still be around? " he asks and I nod . Even though secretly I plan on not being around her no more anyway "and we're working towards a relationship?"

"I said something " I correct him calming him down and he chuckles a little .

"Okay I'm cool with what I can get" he shrugs "Damn your like a brick wall now days " he laughs ."I don't know what's gotten into you but I like it " he smirks " so feisty "

Yeah , I don't know what's gotten into me either .