I need you to let me finish talking.

"What's up, Luke?" Spencer asked.

Luke had called him into the living room, saying he wanted to talk.

"Sit down." Luke said.

Spencer obeyed, and sat silently next to him.

"We need to have a serious conversation."

"Okay....?" Spencer was confused.

"I need you to let me finish talking before you say anything."

"Okay." Spencer whispered, anxiously.

Luke took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a moment, and grabbed Spencer's hands.

"This is hard for me to say. It's so hard to put you into words because I love you in ways I've never loved before. You're such an amazing man. You care so much about everyone and you're so passionate about everything. If I did anything right in life, it was loving you. You loved me when I couldn't love myself. All my life I've been running. I never wanted to just be where I was. Now, that's all I want. You ground me. Spencer, you feel more like home than anywhere else did."

Spencer was still confused. He was nearly in tears over what Luke said.

"I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all that you're yet to be. I don't know what the future holds, but I want you to be in it. Spencer, let me love you. If not for the rest of your life, then for the rest of mine."

Luke took a deep breath, squeezed Spencer's hands, and looked directly at him.

"Spencer, will you marry me?" he asked, his voice shaky.

"Luke..." Spencer whispered, tears threatening to spill over.

Luke didn't know what to think, until Spencer threw himself into his arms, kissed him, and cried.

They sat silently for a few minutes.

"I'm happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you." Spencer whispered.

"Me too."