It was all so funny to me. It felt like we were in a old indie movie.

"Okay, follow us inside so we can show you around the wonderful Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa!"

we waddled inside behind her where more rosy faces & cheery smiles greeted us.

some men ran out from a room taking our luggage in seconds to our surprise, and piling it onto the trolley.

"your luggage will be in your rooms." they say in unison , giving us a tight lipped smile before disappearing off into a gold elevator.

"do they even know who's luggage is who's ?". I whisper to the group.

"shit, they look like they know everything." quan scoffs.

we all laugh quietly whilst following around one of the women who was telling us about the resort.

"our luxury hotel prides itself on providing guests with attentive service, deluxe amenities, heated outdoor pools, garden terraces and desert trails in the Sonoran Desert." she speaks.

we look through a large, tall glass window where there was an outdoor pool , the water glistening.

"so pretty." I say under my breath.

"take our complimentary shuttle to our 18-hole championship golf courses, or treat yourself to a refreshing massage in our tranquil day spa. savor gourmet dining experiences in our on-site hotel restaurants and bars, or relax in privacy with our resort's large casitas and suites boasting sophisticated furnishings and outdoor living spaces."

we all looked around in awe, even diallo was shocked, as if he didn't order this place himself.

we came to a balcony in the main upper area which overlooked the outside & gave us a wonderful view.

it was so beautiful. the sun was setting, so the sky had tinge of purple transcending into yellow.

"you like it?" diallo whispers to me whilst everyone talked about the picture perfect view.

"yeah." I reply dreamily. I touch his hand softly. "thank you for this. you didn't have to."

"it's my pleasure shawty. honestly. we all need a break from life. i'm glad you even came up with idea." he chuckles, squeezing my hand.

I was a bit startled by his hand touching mine, I mean we have slept right next to each other but this just felt like a different type of touch..

"i'm glad i did too." I smile, looking away from him and back at the sunset.

my hand gently squeezing his back.

~

lauryn hill - I used to , played quietly as I applied the last of the coconut oil in my hands on my legs.

vanessa had put me onto this song and I couldn't stop listening to it.

old school music was always relaxing to me.