16

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝗼𝐧𝐠

𝓒𝓱𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓵'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

"Veronica, let's watch a movie," I say to her, she grabs the remote. "Sure, what do you want to watch" she responds.

"50 shades of gray," I say smiling.

"But that movies- you know what, ok" Veronica agrees. Going to demand, Typing in ''50 shades of gray" Then pressing on rent.

𝐀 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

I hear a noise outside, the bush rustling? I'm a bit unsure.
I pause the movie, Veronica looks at me, clearly annoyed "WHAT, WHY we were at the best part" she says shoving me lightly.

"Ok Veronica, i'm sorry, but did you hear that?" I ask her looking out the window.
"Ugh Cheryl, there's literally nothing, you're just being paranoid."

I rolled my eyes at her, then sighed and said "You know what, maybe your right, but you may also be wrong."

"I probably am right, " Veronica said annoyed.
"Whatever, I'll just unpause the movie, " I said and I did.

𝗙𝗲𝘄 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀

I hear the sound again "Ok, now i'm sure I heard a sound" I said, clearly starting to feel on edge.
"Yeah I heard that too, but it sounded like it could be an animal." She said

"Maybe you're right, it could just b-" the sensors go off.

"It could be a malfun-" then we hear a knock on the door.

"I'll go see who it is, " Veronica says.
"Bitch, what the fuck, it could be a bad person. Who the fuck hangs out around somebody's house before knocking.

Veronica just opens the door, nobody is there, I do hear a type of 'whoosh' sound.
"That's creepy," I said getting uneasy. Veronica closed the door. "I admit, it is, maybe I will stay over tonight." Veronica says surprisingly calmly.

"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SO CALM, VERONICA?! THIS ISN'T A SITUATION TO BE CALM AT!" I yell at her.

"Why i'm so calm is because I know for a fact some emotions cloud your judgment. For example, Anxiety, if you're stuck in quicksand and struggle, it will make you sink deeper." She continues "And I was sad and upset at the same time once, I paid the price for it."

"What do you mean by ''you paid the price'' Veronica?" I say a bit confused. "It's nothing, nothing important anyway...." she kinda mutters the last part.

"Veronica, tell me, I know you are lying," I said patting her shoulder after. "Let's just say I ended up getting hurt" Veronica responds, I can tell she's leaving something out, but what? That I did not know, but I'd try to figure it out by a game of never have I ever.

"I think we should stop the movie now, Veronica. It's rented for three days, we can continue it tomorrow." I walk over to the couch that I was sitting on and proceed to grab the remote. I turn the TV off and place the remote back on the table in front of us.

"Let's go upstairs and play a game, " I say to Veronica.
"Sure, that sounds like a good idea, let's do that" Veronica says back. Then, she proceeds to walk to the stairs, me following close behind. I still felt uneasy, I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watched.

We walked down the hall to my room, walked inside, and sat down on the red carpet in the middle of it. "Ok Veronica, the game I want to play is never have I ever, but you have to answer these questions truthfully, no matter how personal it may be," I say to her. She looked worried, but finally, after about fifteen seconds, she said "Y-Yeah, that sounds f-fine" she agreed, but she did falter in the process. This raised my suspicion that she was hiding something even more.