The Switch

Where Ryan is a doctor and Andy is his nurse.

(Andy's POV)
"Can I work with another doctor instead?" I asked hopeful as I twirled my fingers, sat in a chair.
"Why what's wrong with Ryan?" Dr Cobban asked who was sat opposite me, a desk in the middle of us. I struggled to come up with an answer and my mind flashed back to when I first set foot in this hospital...

I had just moved to Bristol from my home town of Manchester having just got my medical degree. I heard that Bristol is the best hospital to work in and the staff are apparently really nice, both the patients and the other staff say so. It was better than the rubbish hospital in Manchester. (Not saying the hospital at manchester is bad, I've never been to manchester, its just for the story).
Therefore, I applied for a job as a nurse in the Bristol hospital.
The head of the hospital, a Dr Cobban was going to interviewed me, but a man named Dr Ryan Beaumont interviewed me instead. That's how we met. Ryan ended up giving me the job that day saying I was perfect and I became Ryan's personal nurse. So I helped him out with patients all day, giving him equipment and writing documents, Ryan being impressed by how much I knew. However, working with Ryan everyday I started noticing things, I couldnt keep my eyes off him. I had to look at him all the time and when I did he would look at me as well but then quickly look away. I realized that I really liked Ryan, but I came to the conclusion that he would never like me. After a few weeks of me being his nurse I couldnt take it anymore and decided to ask the head of the hospital if I could work with someone else. I cant believe I am starting to fall in love with Dr Beaumont, I can't bare to be in the same room with someone who doesnt feel the same.

"-Fowler, Mr Fowler." Dr Cobban said waving his hand in front of my eyes and
I shook my head.
"Oh sorry Doctor, I must have zoned out." I apologised.
"Thats ok, I asked why you wanted to switch?" He asked again.
"Well nothing I just umm..." I trailed off, I couldn't find the right words to use.
"You love him don't you." Dr Cobban said, this surprised me, but I just nodded not wanting to lie to the man.
"Well I think swopping doctors is a bad idea but I will set you up with another anyways, Dr Robbertson in room 122." He said and I was thrilled he excepted my request.
"Oh thank you Dr Cobban, thank you." I said and stood up as I started to walk out.
"Wait Mr Fowler." The doctor said making me stop in my tracks and turn to look at him.
"I know you feel like running away is a better option, but I can see in Dr Beaumonts eyes, he is a lot happier now when you were his nurse and I think you two would get together soon, dismissed." He said like we were at a school.
"Umm ok." I said a little confused and left going to room 122 and knocking on the door. The door opened revieling Dr Robertson, he looked quite surprised to see me.
"Oh Mr Fowler, what can I help you with?" He asked.
"Um, Dr Cobban let me switch doctors so I work with you now." I explained.
"Oh ok well come on in Mr Fowler, get set up." He said and I walked in closing the door behind me.
I haven't really spent time with other doctors other than Dr Beaumont, but Dr Robertson was a nice man and quite funny too, with his afro hair. He knew how to crack up a joke, so I got along with him very well.

2 days later when I was in the hospital with Dr Robertson talking to a patient. Suddenly out of the blue Dr Beaumont walked in.
"Can I borrow Mr Fowler for a sec?" He asked and I looked at him and then back to Mr Robertson. What does he want with me? Is he angry at me for switching?
"Sure Dr Beaumont." Dr Robbertson smiled. I didnt want to, but I went out of the room with Ryan anyway.
"So you changed doctors I see?" He said staring at me
"Umm yeah." I said uneasy with the way Dr Beaumont was gazing at him.
"Why did you change and I want the truth. Dr Cobban told me you changed because of something, but he wont tell me what." Ryan said.
"Um I." I started but then sighed, he deserves to know the truth. "Ok this might sound weird, but I have caught feelings for you and I thought with you not liking me back, I just couldn't cope being in the same room as you all the time. So I asked Dr Cobban to change my doctor." I explained, looking anywhere but in his eyes.
"Ok and why do you think I dont like you like that?" He asked and I finally looked up. He looked calmer, his eyes hold understanding.
"Because its clear that you don't, can I go now, Its lunch and I need to eat some food." I said, trying to get out of this situation. I've said what I needed to say. But Rye moved forward until his nose was touching mine, making my breathing shake.
"You can eat me instead." Rye purred as he brought me in for a kiss.

Let's just say I changed doctors back to Ryan pretty quickly after that. 😏

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed, dont forget to vote and comment. Have a safe one.🌼