"Is that so?"

"Yes. I'm sure of it. I can't put my mind on where."

"Yes. You have." Karim said out of the blue.

He could feel everyone's gaze on him.

Karim thought for a second before moving forward to his father and taking off his cap too.

"Yes you have. This is my older brother. I'm told we could pass off as twins. Even though we don't share a father." Karim explained.

The man looked at both of them. They actually looked alike. They looked more like father and son to him than half-brothers. For two people who didn't share a father, they had an uncanny resemblance.
Maybe that's why he thought he recognized him. But still...

Karim saw him about to say another word but their leader stopped him.

"We've been here longer than necessary, Manaf. Pryce won't be happy with your treatment of us."

Jonathan Pryce.

The UN General Secretary.

"Ah. The Secretary. We're grateful to him for taking down some of those big sanctions against us by that tyrant." Manaf said to them but there was no sincerity in his voice. Not an iota of it.

Tyrant.

Tawfiq.

As an agreement to prevent harm to the soldiers there for peacekeeping, some sanctions had to be revoked. Tawfiq was against it anyways. It would only make their ego grow. But he wasn't exactly considered since he had decided not to send his troops.

"You and your men can go, Azaan. But remember, we're watching you. And remember your limits."

"We will. We'll be on our way then Manaf." Azaan nodded and turned to walk away.

The breath everyone was holding was released.

They had escaped the first bullet.

Would they be able to escape the next one?

~

"Dear God! I thought our cover was blown." Dean exclaimed.

"I used to think your dad was smart. But you are just another whole thing. I guess I could say love does change people." Dean stated and looked at Bella.

"Not for me though. I used to be so innocent. T, you remember those days." Dean sighed as he watched Tawfiq enter the tent.

Bella cocked her head at him.

"Innocent? Tawfiq do you remember this one ever being innocent?"

"Nope. He's never been innocent." Tawfiq sat down on one of the chairs by Karim.

They were all in a medium sized tent trying to draw out a plan of action. All the other soldiers knew they were on a mission of their own so a tent had been risen just for them.

"Uncle Dean looks innocent to me." Karim joined in.

Dean wiped a fake tear.