Chapter 7

The duo decided to place a small stick between them to mark their side of the blanket which the other wasn't allowed to enter (Artios' idea).

It didn't go so well because they had both instantly began fighting over sides, neither mature enough to take a step back or compromise.

"Look it's equal! I can't fit in a space any smaller than this!"

"That's cause you're spreading yourself out like freakin' starfish! Even I could do that!"

"Am not! I just have big arms and legs!"

"Oh look! I'm Artios the swordsman! I need enough room for six cows to rest my huge, muscular, swordsman body!"

"I don't sound like that!"

"Do too! You sound exactly like that!"

After arguing for a good half an hour because the swordsman had apparently taken the bigger side (which he should have gotten anyway since he was double of Ivy's size!), they had finally settled for putting it in a spot which they both agreed was approximately in the middle.

"Goodnight." Ivy smiled before turning around so that they both were curled up on either side, backs facing each other.

"Goodnight."

Artios had almost fallen asleep, which wasn't too hard considering how exhausted he was after their eventful day, however before he could conk out he felt small tremors running through the blanket.

He glanced towards the other side where Ivy was sleeping, to notice that the small teen was shivering violently as he clutched his end of the blanket for dear life.

That's when the thief realized that it had been an unusually cold night and they hadn't gotten to dry themselves completely after getting out, having only a thin cloak to cover their bodies.

The teen probably wasn't used to camping out very often either. Of course he would be cold.

It should get bearable after a while though. If Artios could get used to the harsh conditions of the outdoors as a mere eight-year-old, so would Ivy.

Ignore it. He will fall asleep eventually, he has to be tired too. The older told himself turning his head back around.

His eyes drooped again, more than ready to let the darkness consume him when the trembles traveling through the blanket only got worse.

"Ugh! Will you stop shaking so much?!" Artios snapped.

"I'm s-sorry! I c-can't help it! It's r-really cold..." Ivy's teeth chattered. He rolled over to face the other, with an apologetic expression.

The swordsman was about to argue, exhaustion making him more irritable than usual, when he turned around to notice that the teen's lips had started to form a blueish tint, even with the fire going in front of them.

Great. Just great.

Did this guy know how to do anything other than causing trouble?

After Artios took a brief moment of thought and consideration to weigh out his options, he realized there was only one other thing he could do rather than leaving Ivy be.