Chapter Twenty-Six

Jimin wakes up slowly. The sun peaking over the horizon. His senses kick in one at a time. First, touch. His robe is soft against sore skin, and sore muscles. Duvet bunched up around his sore back. An arm wrapped around his waist, it was much warmer than before, yet also far colder. His neck pulses, a pleasurable pain. He smiles, his heart beats in unison with Yoongi's. Happiness.

    Next, his hearing. Birds chirp seemingly in his bedroom, Yoongi's snoring is suddenly so loud, when usually so silent,- that it's annoying.  He can hear all the maids shuffling around on this floor, when he was sure his quarters were empty.

    Then smell, his eyes kick open. He smells so much of everything it hurts. His eyes tear up suddenly. He smells roast, and earthy tones, spices and sweets and every flower and it all combines into one jumbled mess. He turns over, eyes met with the sleeping Yoongi. Neck red as well, sore. He doesn't know what else to do other than to shove his nose over the sensitive skin.

    His head calms as all he can smell is Yoongi. Sweet, cookie like Yoongi, with undertones of smokey wood and utter alpha. Suddenly He feels so much smaller. Yet the world so much bigger, and his instincts scream.

    He whimpers, pulling closer to the alpha, nuzzling closer in attempts to fee safer. To calm down.

            "Yoon-,"he tried to speak, but with the combination of his hoarse throat and sensitive hearing, it hurt too much to speak, his own words rattled in his head. He whimpered again, sound making his ears ring. He pulled his hands back immediately, pressing them against his ears with little to no hesitation.

    Yet the movement had managed to wake Yoongi, legs shifting out from between Jimin's, making Jimin aware of a new sensation between his legs that made him whimper again. Yoongi's eyes popped open, taking a deep inhale looking around. He too must have passed out last night. He blinks twice, and when he turns back to Jimin, his eyes go wide.

    "White." Jimin can hear him say, and then the elder man winces, "My god baby," his voice is even quieter now, he must be whispering. "I can't tell what hurts worse, your head or your back."

    But he's smiling. Smiling that big gummy smile that Jimin has seen all of three times, and he's pulling Jimin closer so gently it shocks the younger. He nuzzles Jimin's scent gland, and the pain subsides again.

              "All," Jimin whispers, then it just sounded like he was shouting into his own ear. "E- everywhere..."

    Yoongi un-cups his ears, and it's so loud again, but then the man licks at the skin there like it the most normal thing to do. Kittenish licks that are all Jimin can hear. It's a strange noise, and the licks turn to kisses. The press of the skin louder than ever, but soft. So he tunes into that for a moment. The motions continuing until the pain in his head completely fades. He takes a breath in, out, and then shifts a pit. The movement of the sheets louder than normal, but not splintering.

    "Hey," and Yoongi's voice is so quiet, Jimin wonders if he would have been able to hear it anytime before last night, "Is it better? Pups ears are sensitive at first, soft noises help."

              Jimin nods lightly, mostly due to fear that if he nodded normally he would be able to hear his bones moving. "Good," he muttered, smoothing his hand over the duvet, hearing every rustle. "Better."

    There is a pause, the birds sound further away. He wonders if there is ever any silence.

    "Do you regret it." Yoongi mutters, eyes looking away from Jimin's face, "I- I should have asked more. Explained it better. I'm sorry if you-," he sighs, the action louder than his voice, "I'm sorry."