Chapter Eleven

When Jimin wakes up, his entire body feels both sore and numb. A sensation he's never felt, chest bare as a stranger,- wearing palace clothing,- dab's herbs at his chest. The memories of what had happened came flooding back to him, and he sat up with a jolt. The stranger not looking up at him. Face hidden behind Silver hair.

"What-," Jimin cut himself off, question being replaced with a pain shooting through his body. The very feeling made the prince throw himself back down to the comfort of the bed, curling over on himself.

Jimin was on the verge of tears, it all hurt too badly.

The stranger twitches. The phantom pain in Jimin's thigh burns. "Lay still." he order's, "Your stitches are sore."

"It hurts," he bites his lip to keep himself from making noise as he pressed his hand against his chest in an attempt to cover. "P-please," he was most definitely crying now. "It hurts,- please."

"I know," the man grits out, "I'm trying to numb it, Just stay still."

His head snaps up and honey brown eyes bare into Jimin's.

The first thing Jimin notices, is that the stranger is pretty. With a broad build and porcelain features even more delicate than Jimin's. Eyes carrying wisdom, mouth drawn into a thin line. Cheekbones glinting in the light reflecting through the window of Jimin's window. Far, far prettier than the Cherry tree's growing down below.

The second thing he notices, is the strong scent of burning cookies that had become all too familiar was wafting off of him. Overpowering even the burning herbs.

"Who...," Jimin sniffles, squeezing his eyes shut to dull the pain. "Who are you...?"

He pauses padding on the medicine. Head turning farther, a scar running down his previously hidden eye.

"I'm not sure you'd want to know, Princess."

Scar, he notes. Smell, hair, eyes. That could,-

"P-puppy?" He muttered, trying to take deep breaths. ",-no- you,- who are you?"

"Puppy." the man confirms. Brushing his thumb over a scratch right under Jimin's heart. It beats once, twice, at the other's deep voice. It's raspy, tired, even. "I prefer Yoongi though."

No possible way that man was puppy. Puppy was, well,- A puppy. Not some man. Jimin must have lost far too much blood. Now he was hearing things again.

"No,- who are you," Jimin pressed, wiping the tears from his eyes to stare at the man. "Are you,- did you do this to me?" the thought of that sent Jimin into a frenzy, smacking the supposed Yoongi's hands away. His chest rose and fell violently, but in his rush, he was able to pedal through his words. "Did- Did you hurt me? Who are you? Who do you work for? Where's,- Kookie!" he yelled. His knight,- his knight would help him, yes. "Kookie! I need you!"

"Jungkook was summoned to town by your father." He explains. Tossing the bowl he had been holding herbs in down into Jimin's lap without second thought. "You can choose to believe me, I will not force you to. I do not care." he continues on. Passing barefoot to sit on the window seal. Standing on his feet, squatting to his knees with perfect balance. Like a bird on a perch. "I did not hurt you. They are gone now."

"Who did it? And,- how did you get in here?"

"I carried you up." he runs a hand through his hair. Rubs at his thigh. Winces. "Seokjin-ssi brought herbs and such. If you need nothing else, I will be on my way."

"No, don't," Jimin had no clue why he said that, but he did. The words were leaving his mouth without filter, laced with nothing but need and pain. "Stay, please."