Chapter Three

Leaves cracked beneath them as they roll around in the thorny overgrowth that sets on the edge of camp. Snarling could be heard, claws pressed against soft underbellies and teeth buried into muzzle's.

"Hoseok!" Yoongi shouts, the sun disappearing behind thick clouds, the air smelling wet and dreary. A serin flies overhead.

It is to rain soon.

A large wolf stands over Yoongi's chest. Huffing, it's tongue hanging from his mouth, scents of cinnamon mixed tart fruits fill the air. "Hoseok!" he tries again, "I'm not even shifted, can you not act like a pup for ten damn seconds!"

The wolf does not listen, instead nuzzling his snout against Yoongi's neck, nipping the delicate skin there. Back paws supporting the orange and white beast,- it's fuzzy fur tickling the elder's exposed stomach. Annoyed, Yoongi tries his best to wrestle the omega off. He was easily stronger, however he was still to a disadvantage in his human form nonetheless.

Amidst the nipping, the beast rolled off, lying on its back next to Yoongi. It's tongue hung out of its mouth and it's tail thwacked Yoongi's leg. The creature was demanding play time.

"Ask your mate," Yoongi stands, dusting off his shirt. Fabric raggedy and stained by mud. The wolf's tail drops, m it's eyes blew wide. Perhaps he should've feared if, he reflects, after all, it is a nearly five foot tall wolf. Starring back at him, size gastly, fur making him appear much larger than any omega truly was. Seeming much larger than what most alphas tended to be. The orange of its fur blended in with the changing leaves and fields of flowers. "I'm too old, Seokie, don't start with me."

The creature begins to whine, disappointed pheromones wafting off of him.

"Yoongi,-" a new voice interrupted just as the wolf sat up, now suddenly to be an orange haired man. The new voice was a womans, her presence causing Yoongi to turn his head in its direction. Two people approached them, both a women and a man. The female's face strong in features, weight honed in on her thighs. "Another hunt is supposed to be conducted tonight," she said, raking her hand through her short black hair. "What for, we don't know, all we know is that the soldiers were asking around the village for where things were."

He nods at her, and she, as well as the male behind her, bare their necks somewhat to the sides. A sign of submission.

"Thanks Hyejin," he gently kicks Hoseok's bare thigh. Nudity was common amounts the creatures. "I'm sure Namjoon's worried sick about you," he looks back up to Heyjin and Yeonjun, a pup expected to present as an alpha, "Did Namjoon request my help? Any orders? ,-Or does he merely request I get this overgrown pup back to his cabin."

"He's been following me like a lost dog," Hyejin glared over her shoulder at the youngest boy, Yeonjun shuffling awkwardly. Vaguely, Yoongi remembered him sitting next to her the night before, as well as this morning. ",- and for the last time, I will not let you train under me. It is not my job to raise you," she looked back at Yoongi finally, brushing her hair back once more. "Anyways,- he asked four us and the other alphas to keep look out, make sure nobody comes near camp."

"What about me?" Hoseok whined as he stood up. Despite being an omega, he could be pretty damn intimidating when he was playing defense. "Did he say I could come?"

Hyejin shook her head. "No. He requested you watch over the pups."

Hoseok deflates. The man never wanted to miss out on any of the action. Yet the world was cruel, and some were simply born weaker than others. Whilst Hoseok was strong, he was not one to risk putting in danger. Someone needed to watch over the other omegas and pups, and as the pack omega it was his responsibility.