Chapter Nineteen

TW//      NSFW (-ish) content - ( Please read; The scene in this chapter can be seen as somewhat forced or as if Yoongi comes onto Jimin before the younger is ready, however the issue was just that Jimin was shy and Yoongi could feel it,- the boy clearly smelt of lust just as he had many times previous.)

Other WARNINGS; Degradation (?) - Feminization (More like Omega-ization ig) - a/b/o Dynamics - breading kink - also they fight a little but all ends well

The springs have always been beautiful. Water pouring down from high edges, the pool itself sheltered by the cliff from overhead. Vines, iridescent flowers, and a lovely extension that stretches out into the sun and cuts off right at the edge of the mountain. A wall of rock thick enough to lean on but thin enough to see over the side. Where tree's stretch out and other villages speckle down the ground until it's nothing but mist.

Yoongi had always wondered what was down there. His father told him of other kingdoms, and his mother told stores of riches and maidens so fair. Of oceans that ran on for years. Pirates and mermaids.

Yoongi believed them, and one day he would love to explore the land. For now, he settles on asking Jimin's opinion. The two having just arrived, Jimin shyly undresses as the elder sinks into the warm water. Bubbles popping around his bare chest, legs relaxing against naturally smooth stone.

"Hey," he grabs the prince's attention, mind calm as it had been since last night. After carting Jimin to bed he returned to the lake opposite of the castle. Where he sat and stared, waiting for the guilt that never came. "What do you think is below the mountain?"

He no longer felt guilty for being with his soulmate. No longer blaming himself for trusting someone other than his father.

"I do not know," Jimin shook his head, turning his back to Yoongi as he pulled his sweater over his head. Yoongi thinks the boy is far too frail. "Maybe um,- water? Or a valley...,- a valley would be nice," he can hear the smile bleed into Jimin's voice. "And since all of the fairytales are coming true, maybe it would eternally be spring in the valley. Or the water to be a fountain of youth, I don't know,- something whimsical."

"The rest of the world is down there," he swims over, stone dropping off as he paddles to the barrier. "Japan, China, Europe, and Greece." He thinks of all the stories of all the lands he has ever heard, "The collapsed Americas, the ruins left behind by the fathers of our father's fathers. Books burnt, materials yet to be rediscovered. Cities of metal and glass and light produced by nothing but pure science."

Jimin says nothing to him. The only reply Yoongi got was a small nod as the boy shyly stripped from his pants, tossing them into a pile with his shirt, boots, socks, and cloak.

"Do you believe in the stories? The wars?" he kicks his feet, he can smell birds nearby. "Of Bustling cities, and then scientific relapse? That we are not the only ones in the world? That we are the sons of great great great great ten times over again grandmothers and fathers?"

"I like to think that nothing of the sorts happened," Jimin muttered, turning around just to sit on the edge of the spring. "But...,-Music. I had always wanted to know what their music was."

"My mother told me stories told to her family over generations of music. It was safety, it was happiness. Beyond grand pianos and wordless symphonies," he turns now, swimming back and placing his hands on Jimin's knees. The bare stitches are like swatches of brown paint to a bare canvas. A mess, not executed in the right way, "Lyrics so deep and voices so loud entire arenas would scream and praise the artists."

"You seem to know much of the first world," Jimin looked away, but Yoongi didn't miss the blush gracing his face, nor the way his thighs tensed a bit. "But please, something else. I enjoy the present more than the past."