The Other Siblings

Y/N did not expect to see the things they were currently seeing.

The Iplier's kitchen and living room were connected, creating one large space. The kitchen had a dark theme to it, and the cabinets and backsplash were a deep grey. The countertops looked to be made of a black marbled granite. They were currently covered all over in a powdery white substance that Y/N could only hope was flour or sugar. Three people were standing in there, throwing around the white powder as if it were snow. One of them seemed to be wearing a black and white prison uniform, though most of the black wasn't visible anymore from the powder. The other two looked to be ganging up on the prison person. One wore a patterned shirt, with a yellow handkerchief tucked in the pocket, and the other had vibrant red hair. Both had barely any powder on them: it seemed that the individual in the prison uniform was a bad shot.

The living room gave off a totally different vibe. It had more of a light theme, as all of the furniture was a light brown. There were several hanging plants near the large one-panel window, and someone wearing a crown and cape was watering one of them. The couch was occupied with someone wearing some adventuring gear. They were obviously trying to take a nap, a fedora-like hat covering their face. The hat kept disappearing in puffs of pink smoke, and the person kept sitting up with a scowl only to find that their hat was poofed back on their head. It seemed like the pink-mustached person sitting in the lounge chair across the room was enjoying the other's eternal struggle.

Y/N thought they looked like one big, happy family and felt an ache in their chest. Why were they feeling this way? They hoped it was because they yearned for their memories of their own family to come back, and not because they yearned for a family in general.

The three people in the kitchen paused their little game as the group entered the room. Well, not quite.

Poof! "Ha! I fine'lly got's one'a youse!"

The person in the prison uniform did a small victory dance (which was more of a jig) as the person with vibrant hair protested. "No fair, Yancy! That shouldn't count, we were distracted! Eric, tell him he cheated!"

'Eric,' the person wearing the patterned shirt and fresh coat of powder, replied, "I-I don't know... we didn't... didn't call a t-timeout or anyt-thing, Yan..."

'Yan' pouted but seemed to agree. "I guess so. So, who's the newbie? Ooh ooh ooh, did we finally get another sibling?!?"

'Yan' started jumping up and down, obviously excited at the prospect of having another member of the 'family.' Y/N opened their mouth to start explaining, but Google beat them to it.

"Y/N will be residing here for a time. They are not one of Fischbach's creations, but they will be staying here anyhow. The situation will be fully explained to all of you in due time."

Google amplified his voice gradually to make sure those in the living room heard them. Though he needn't have bothered: all three of them stood in the kitchen now.

The person with the crown now had a... was that a squirrel on their shoulder? Was it hygienically acceptable for them to be standing in the kitchen with a wild animal? The mustached person was in the process of delivering a noogie to the adventuring individual, even though they were at least a foot taller than them.

The person with the crown looked confused, but apparently not from the question of why Y/N was here. "Where are they gonna sleep? Don't new bedrooms only appear for new egos?"

"I'm sure we'll work something out..." the person in the adventuring outfit put their hat back on properly and winked at Y/N. "I've got space in my bed if they need it~."

What was it with these people being so flirty?

Y/N blushed and replied, "That w-won't be necessary, um... Bim already offered in case there aren't any spare rooms..." The adventurer gave a scandalized look at Bim as the show host stuck his tongue out at them.

The mustached person told Y/N, "Well don't be shy! Go on, introduce yourself, gumdrop! We don't bite! ...Well, most of us don't bite, Bim over there tends to give in to his urges a lot."

Bim suddenly burst out in anger: "That rumor was started by the Jim twins, Wilford, and that was years ago! Are you seriously still believing that lie? I swear to God I'll rip off your mustache and shove it up your—"

Bing cut Bim off and saved everyone from listening to whatever he was going to do with 'Wilford's' mustache. "Uh, dude, they actually don't remember anything. And Googs already told you their name, weren't you listening?"

The mustached person stroked their mustache as they pretended to think. "Hmmm, yes, what was I doing just twenty seconds ago? Oh yeah!"

They put their whole arm around the adventurer's neck which, again, was an incredible feat because of the height difference, and pulled them into a headlock. "I was playing with ol' Illinois here!"

'Illinois' expressed annoyance at the mention of his and the mustached person's earlier 'playtime.' They just sighed and said, "I suggest we should introduce ourselves then. Paint them a picture of what they're dealing with."

'Illinois' managed to pull themself out of the head lock and walk over to Y/N. They took Y/N's hand and kissed the back of it before saying, "The name's Illinois. Pleasure to meet you, Y/N. Oh, and my pronouns are he/him, though you can refer to me as very/handsome." He winked again and Y/N could just barely hear Bim mutter, "Fucking asshole, trying to upstage me, I swear to God—," before the rest was lost to 'Yancy' introducing themself next.

"I'd've come ove' dere and shook youse's hand, or copied whateva da hell Illy just did, Y/N, honest, but I's 'fraid of coverin' youse in floua. Name's Yancy. He/him pronouns, please and dank youse."

'Eric' went next. They were visibly paler than when Y/N saw them earlier, supposedly from nerves. They were slightly shaking as they said, "I-it's nice to meet you, Y/N. I... I would have gone over there too but... but I-I've got flour a-all over me too, and I don't want to... want to ruin y-your outfit. My name's E-Eric, and my... my pronouns are h-he/him."

'Yan' immediately ran over to Y/N and gave them a hug, pushing Illinois out of the way (not that Y/N minded, he was still very close to them even after having introduced himself). They drew back, talking a mile a minute as they brushed some flour off of Y/N. "Ahhhh, it's so good to see a fresh face around here!! It was getting reeeeaaallly boring. I'm Yan, I use she/they pronouns. I hope we get to be the best of friends! ...Eventually! Once you get settled in!"

It was 'Wilford's' turn to introduce themself, and they were almost as enthusiastic as Yan. They walked—well, more like bounced—over to Y/N and rapidly shook their hand. "My name is Wilford Warfstache. It's a pleasure to meet you, gumdrop! You can use he/him pronouns for me, sugar. Say, call me when you get settled in, I'd love to do an interview with you."

Wilford let go of Y/N's hand as a business card poofed into his in a puff of pink smoke. He handed the card to Y/N with a wink and walked away.

There was only one other person that needed to introduce themselves. The person with the crown walked over to Y/N and grasped their hand in a firm handshake. "Hello there, my name is King, I use he/him pronouns! It's nice to meet you, wait, Smokey, NO—"

But King was unable to stop his black squirrel from hopping off of his shoulder and onto Y/N's. The squirrel's fluffy tail tickled their neck and they giggled as Smokey nuzzled into the side of Y/N's face.

There was a collective "awwww" from the egos still in the room, and as King tried prying Smokey away from Y/N, they had a feeling they would settle into the Manor just fine.