𝐢𝐢. 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

Walking into school Mara suddenly felt self-conscious at all of the eyes glued to her. She didn't feel as confident in her outfit choice anymore. She folded her arms in front of her and looked down at the floor as she made her way to her locker.

"What happened to you?"

She turned to see Demetri approaching her locker with Eli trailing behind him. Demetri looked her up and down raising an eyebrow at her outfit.

"I decided to change up my style a bit. I just wanted to try something new."

"Well, it is certainly working for you. You look hot. Don't you think Eli?" Demetri nudged his friend's shoulder.

"Y-yeah you look..really pretty."

Mara smiled at him. "Thanks Eli." She closed her locker after grabbing everything she needed and turned back to the two boys. "Eli and I have first period together so we'll see you later Demetri."

Demetri nodded, slowly walking backward and shooting them finger guns. "See you later my binary siblings." As soon as he was around the corner, Mara and Eli intertwined their fingers and set off to their first class.

Mara was now in Chemistry, a class she unfortunately didn't share with Eli or Demetri. But it was a class she shared with Moon and she hated it. The teacher was assigning lab partners today and Mara could only hope it was anyone but her ex-friend.

"Ok," Mr. Johnson called out "today I'm going to be assigning your lab partners for the rest of the semester, so when I call your name please take a seat next to said person." He pulled out his list and started to read the names. As more and more people got called and started to move Mara grew more nervous. Mr. Johnson hadn't called her name or Moon's yet. "And then we have Moon and Mara. Ha, you guys can call yourselves M&M!"

Moon laughed at Mr. Johnson's joke but Mara just put her head down and groaned. She heard the chair beside her screech as it was pulled out. From the corner of her eye, she saw Moon sit beside her sporting a hopeful smile. "Hey Mara. How has your day been so far?"

"Like you care."

"Look I know you hate me but I just want us to be friends again."

Mara turned and glared at the blonde. "Well sorry to tell you, but you can't get everything you want."

"I miss you Mars."

"Well you should have thought about that before you completely cut me off and started hanging out with the people who bullied me. And don't call me Mars. You lost that privilege the moment you started being friends with Yasmine."

"I-"

"Maybe I should throw your clothes in the trash, see how you like it. You had no problems doing it to me when it scored you points with the queen of bitches."

"Mara, I'm so-" Moon was cut off by the bell ringing. Mara didn't spare the girl a glance as she quickly packed her things and rushed out of the room to meet her friends for lunch. She didn't notice the blonde staring after her with tears in her eyes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mara stood in the lunch line in the cafeteria. Demetri was in front of her and Eli was behind her. The three were in deep conversation as they passed through the line. As Mara grabbed her lunch she made sure to grab one chocolate pudding and one applesauce and Eli did the same.

The three sat down at their table and Mara immediately put her pudding cup on Eli's tray and Eli put his applesauce on hers. Demetri smiled at his friends. They did this every day. "Mara you have the weirdest obsession with apples."