"You look just like your mother." He smiled sadly. He had trained my mother as her mentor, back before he became Alpha.

I peeped up at him shyly, a small smile managing to grace my lips.

He turned his attention to Jack then. "So? How is she doing? How worried should I be?"

My face flushed with indignation, but I knew better than to comment.

To my amazement, Jack laughed and slapped the Alpha on the shoulder. "Relax, man. Didn't you give me the job because you knew I could do it? More importantly... she can do it." He smiled at me fondly. "She works hard and even keeps me on my toes now. The few weeks to Qual's is all we need, I'm sure of it."

The Alpha looked at me doubtfully but nodded. "Fine. If you're sure. But the same applies to you two as to the rest. No days off..." he looked to me "no coffee shop..." then to Jack, "no dates."

I grinned at the same time as Jack grimaced.

"Aww come on, Jules. I can't train her 24/7." Jack grumbled.

My jaw near on hit the floor. Not only was he talking back to the Alpha, but he also called him Jules. The only time I ever heard anyone so much as mention Julian Row's name was from the lips of his Luna.

The Alpha smirked. "I'm certain it won't kill you to go without a mount for a couple of weeks."

I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. Feeling very out of place I wished fervently that I could leave.

Jack sighed and rolled his eyes but conceded. "Fine."

Pleased, the Alpha nodded. "Good. Then it's settled. I expect you to keep me informed, Jack."

He stood, not bothering to say goodbye as he strode from the room.

As soon as we were alone, I kicked Jack in the shin.

"Ouch! What was that for!?" he grumbled, rubbing his leg.

"Seriously? You aren't going to explain? Jules?" I questioned. Equally intrigued and hurt that I hadn't known that they were so close.

Grabbing my hand, Jack pulled me to my feet. "Nope. Now... you heard the man. Training starts now."

We left the pack house and started down the gravel pathway into the woods. I was about to take the left to the training centre, but Jack grabbed my arm. "Nope. Coal will have his students there. We won't be able to fight while I'm shifted safely."

I nodded and followed, unsure what to expect.

We walked in companionable silence while I went over the plan I had been working on for our fight. I had been concocting it all morning and thought I might actually have a chance at winning if I could pull it off.