Chapter 18 - Allegiance

If I hadn't already been sitting. My legs would have given way.

No. It couldn't be true.

The Alpha couldn't be my father.

He despised student/mentor relationships. Jack and I could attest to that.

Not to mention the Luna, his mate... He couldn't have risked what they shared.

But then... he did protect me when it risked his pack. Being nicer to me than he had reason to be.

Squinting at Drake, I scowled. "Even if that was true... That would make me a full blood wolf. Which I am clearly not, because we both know I can't shift." I stood, stalking towards him angrily. "And you would have no interest in me, would you? If I wasn't tainting the blood lines."

He smirked and patted the seat beside him. "Then you have nothing to fear, do you?"

Glowering, I sat heavily. Confusion and anger warring for acknowledgement inside me.

"Then what am I doing here? What was all this madness about?" my anger was winning as I watched Drake's amusement grow.

"Well... first of all. I need to teach dear Alpha Julian a lesson for deceiving us all, and wasting my precious time." He paused to click his fingers loudly at the open door. "Second... and this is just for my own satisfaction... I need to see that disobedient little spark in you fizzle and die."

Seeing my confusion, he chuckled cheerfully. "I'll get right to the point..." At this moment, another rogue entered the room.

The man was tall and lean, with light brown hair and blue eyes that gave him a cute boyish appearance. He carried a small grey case, quickly it handing to Drake and moving to stand by his side.

Stroking the case softly, Drake continued. "I have invented a means to create an army. They are good, obedient soldiers, but having their wolves in their heads interferes sometimes."

"I considered what the best way to wage this war of mine was for many years. Coming up with numerous ideas but casting them away." He purred, carefully opening the case, and removing a syringe.

He plucked the cap off the syringe and I stiffened. Watching as he calmly examined the sharp metal needle. A soft smile on his lips.

"I call it 'Allegiance'. He almost sighed.

"Admittedly, Allegiance had it's flaws. And try as I might, I couldn't work out how to cage the wolves in my men's minds." He was twirling the syringe slowly between thumb and forefinger as he spoke, oblivious to me starting to move away from him.

Suddenly. A pair of arms grabbed me from behind. I dug in my nails and prepared to launce their owner over my head when a hand grabbed my throat.

I snarled and wriggled but was unable to move.

I closed my eyes briefly, feeling sick.

A sharp pain spiked through my upper arm and my eyes flew open. I tried to wrench my arm away, to no avail.

I watched in horror as my blood entered the vial of clear liquid, mixing into a watery red.

Drake placed a hand calmly over my mouth, squeezing my cheeks so I couldn't make a sound. He grinned at me as tears leaked out of my eyes. My heart raced, and every muscle burned to struggle, but couldn't.

Looking fondly at the syringe sticking out of my upper arm, Drake could barely contain his glee.

"And then I heard of you. It all came together so nicely. The snubbed Alphas daughter that can't shift. No wolf... How sad." He pouted, before grinning and pressing the pump firmly. "With your soon to be willing contributions of blood, I can now build an army that would never oppose my word."