Chapter 20

The rain continued to pour heavily that it almost blocked his view, but the bad weather did not stop Charles from chasing Diana on his horse.

"Diana wait, slow down! It is dangerous to ride on this weather!" Charles screamed.

Diana just continued, she's mad at Charles for cheating, for doubting her, for asking for a stupid time out to just return to his old flame.

Finally gaining the speed he needed to shorten the distance between him and Diana, Charles did something he never thought he could do, something he only saw in the movies.

"This is it Charles, time to get your wife back."

Charles slowly stood on his horse and balanced himself before he leaped towards Diana.

"Charles!" Diana was surprised when Charles leaped towards her causing both of them to fall off her horse.

Charles shielded Diana's body with his when they fell on the ground.

"Darling, I finally caught you." Charles said through pain, he felt his right wrist snap as he fell on the ground.

"Why did you do that? What if you fell on your head or miscalculated your jump?" Diana was crying hitting her husband's chest as she said this, she's still angry at Charles but she's worried for him after what he did.

Charles also cried as he embraced Diana with his uninjured arm, "It will be worth it darling, to have broken bones if it meant having you by my side again. I am sorry for hurting you, It was foolish of me to ask for a timeout when we could have just talked about my feelings regarding our marriage. I hate myself for doubting you and going back to Camilla when I know myself that you will never cheat on me. I love you Diana, only you and I am sorry for what I did."

Diana was still hurting emotionally after Charles cheated on her, but he proved to her that he will do everything to earn her forgiveness and she loves him just as much as he loves her.

"I am still hurting from what you did but I am willing to forgive you because I love you Charles. But you have to promise me to never break any of your vows before God." Diana said as she held his husband's face in her hands.

"Never." Charles pulled his wife towards him and kissed her passionately.

Charles wanted to continue kissing his wife under the rain in the middle of the massive Kensington Palace grasslands but Diana lightly pulled away from him.

"What's wrong, it's not like anyone will see us here."

"Darling as much as I want us to continue this, we still need to have your injured hand checked first, second it is raining and we might get sick if we stay here longer and third we have to return the horses to the stables." Diana pointed out in her lovely voice Charles missed so much.

"Yes ma'am." Charles said with a smile and helped his wife up.

"Thank you sir." Diana replied back with a smile.

...xxx...

Balmoral Castle

It's been a week since Charles and Diana reconciled, Charles just sprained his wrist and just needed to rest it for two to three weeks under a sling for it to heal properly. Because of the injury, Charles and Diana decided to hold off their public engagements and stayed in Balmoral with their children.

Harry was carried by Diana on her back while William was holding Charles by his uninjured hand while they walked around the castle grounds together as a family. They walked until they reached the highest hill on the property and William and Harry immediately tackled their father on the ground which made Charles and Diana laugh wholeheartedly.

"Easy on your father boys, he's still injured." Diana reminded her children.

"We are mum, we just miss spending time with dad." William said to his mother.

"Wills is right mummy, besides daddy's strong." Harry added.

"It's alright, daddy will not be busy like before. Your mum and I will spend sometime together in Italy after my hand is healed and we will be bringing you both with us." Charles said to his family.

"Really you can bring us both?" Wills asked, excited that he and Harry will join their parents on their foreign tour.

Diana looked at Charles, she didn't know anything about this foreign tour in Italy, but went along with what her husband said.

"Yes, your father and I would love to have you both."

"Yehey!" Harry jumped in excitement.

"Why don't you two play while your mother and I talk." Charles told his sons and both did not need to be told twice by him for they were already chasing each other after their father told them they could play.

"I don't think my secretary or your secretary informed me anything about this trip to Italy."

Charles asked Diana to come closer to him and have her lean over his shoulder. "It was a surprise darling, the official tour in Italy will just take a week and the rest of the month would all be family time together as an early holiday. I already talked to mama about it and she agreed saying we both deserve it."

...xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.