Chapter 16

Unlike Diana's pregnancy with William before, her second pregnancy was not as difficult. She did not experience severe morning sickness and was able to do her public engagements with Charles regularly.

Like with William's birth, Charles stayed with Diana during her labor for their second child. They knew ahead that their second child will be a boy again and are both excited to see him soon.

On September 15, 1984, their second son was born.

"He has your family's red hair." Charles said with a smile looking at his youngest son in his arms for the first time.

"He does, but he has your face." Diana said looking at her youngest son longingly on Charles' arms.

"Thank you for giving me another child darling." Charles kissed Diana on the lips.

"You should rest now dear, I will look over our son for you." Like Diana, Charles was also tired for staying with her all night while she gave birth.

"I'm fine, seeing you two already made my tired feeling go away." Charles said smiling at his wife and child.

"Wills will be excited to see his younger brother soon. Will you bring him here tomorrow before we leave?"

"I will. How about his name have you thought of a name yet?" Charles asked wondering if Diana had thought of a name for their son already, he didn't want to wait long for them to name their son like they did with William.

"I haven't thought about his name yet but I want him to have your name also." Diana said holding her husband's hand.

"My name?" Charles thought for a while on what name best suit their son. "What about Henry Charles Albert David?"

When Charles said his son's name, their son squirmed under his touch and cried.

"I think he likes his name dear, we can call him Harry for his nickname." Diana said and Charles handed over their son to Diana for her to calm their baby by weaning him.

"My darling boy Harry." Charles almost felt his tears when he saw his youngest weaning on Diana.

...xxx...

The following morning, Charles went home to pick up his eldest William and show to him his younger brother in the hospital.

"Mummy." William happily called his mother when he saw her.

"Wills come here meet your younger brother Harry." Diana called her eldest son.

"I can't reach it mummy." Wills said trying to climb the bed.

Charles and Diana smiled at what William is trying to do.

"Here I will help you up, be careful around your mother she's still weak from giving birth to your younger brother." Charles helped William up in the bed.

Diana kissed William on his cheek.

"He's so little." Wiliam said looking at his younger brother.

"He will grow up strong just like you." Chafles said to his son and ruffled his hair.

...xxx...

"Here is your dress." Charles said and handed over a bag to his wife.

"Thanks. Take care of Harry for me while I change please." Diana handed over Harry to Charles.

"Of course."

Not long after Diana came out of the bathroom wearing a red dress.

"You look beautiful mummy." William said when he saw his mother and embraced her leg.

"Oh Wills..."

"Come on Wills, your nanny is waiting for you at the hallway. Your mother and I still have to show Harry to everyone waiting outside."

"Yes daddy." Wills went out to meet his nanny.

"Are you sure you are alright and can go home now?" Charles asked, worried Diana might need another day to rest after she gave birth.

"I'm fine, besides I can't wait to go home and show Harry our home."

"Let's go so we can both rest properly back home."

Once they were down near the entrance where the people are waiting for them to show their youngest son, Charles handed over Harry to Diana when they showed him to the world for the first time.

...xxx...

St. George's Chapel, Windsor

"Wills don't run around." Charles reminded his eldest son who is playing with his cousins inside the chapel.

"Let him enjoy his youth, it's not everyday he gets to see his cousins." Diana said who just got out of the dressing room after changing Harry's clothes for his christening.

"He looks regal like his brother before him in that gown." Charles said proudly while looking at his youngest in Diana's arms wearing Honiton white lace gown.

"Yes he does, isn't he lovely?"

"Indeed he is."

"Your royal highnesses we are about to begin." An assistant of the archbishop called them.

"Yes, I will just get Wills and then we can proceed." Charles said to the assistant and left Diana to look for William.

The assistant bowed and left.

After Harry was christened they went back to Windsor to have their official photos taken. 

Neither Charles and Diana are aware of the storm brewing that will test their relationship after their happy family pictures were taken.

....xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.