Chapter 19

Charles arranged to meet Camilla at their usual meeting place before he left for his scheduled public appearance that day.

"Camilla I am sorry for what happened last time, it won't happen again. It is wrong and we both know it."

"I know, I should have not let it happen you were drunk and I took advantage of the situation." Camilla said with a sad look on her face knowing this will be the last time she will see her Fred.

Charles sighed and handed over a box containing the bracelet he had made for her. "This is my farewell gift to you as thanks for loving me before and always being there for me. You are a good friend Camilla however, we both know it would be best if we will not be friends anymore and never see each other again."

Camilla sadly smiled, "I know, you love her too much. It was evident even when we shared a bed."

"What do you mean?" Charles wondered what Camilla meant.

"You were screaming for her name sir."

...xxx...

Diana was in her office in Kensington Palace arranging her public schedules with her team when her private secretary interrupted her.

"Excuse me maam, someone asked me to give this to you personally." Diana's secretary handed over a short brown envelope to her.

"Thank you."

Diana inspected the envelope before opening it, inside is a photo, a negative of the photo and a letter. She opened and read the letter first wondering who gave it to her.

Your royal highness Diana,

I happened to be near Highgrove for I was assigned to take a picture of his royal highness for his public engagement regarding an opening of a new shopping district in Gloucestershire. It was by mere accident of following him that I happened to snap this picture. I don't know what this means but out of respect for the royal family and as an apology for taking a picture of you before against the sun when you were still dating the prince, I sent to you the only printed copy and original negative of the photo and kept my mouth shut about this.

Arthur Edwards,
Sun Royal Photographer

Diana slowly lifted the photo from the envelope with her heart beating faster and faster while the image slowly becomes clear before her eyes.

"What could this photo of Charles be?" Diana wondered what the picture was and when the photo was revealed, she felt her body drowning in the deepest part of the ocean gasping for air. For it was a picture of Charles and Camilla kissing.

"Ma'am?" Her secretary called worriedly when he saw Diana having a hard time to control her rapid breathing.

"I'm sorry we will continue this on another time you are all dismissed, I have to return back to my room I suddenly don't feel well." Diana's voice was shaking from trying to hold back tears.

She grabbed the envelope with the photo and negative and quickly dashed off to the room she's sharing with her husband. After locking herself inside her room, Diana cried and screamed while breaking everything she could break inside.

"Why Charles why?!"

...xxx...

Charles was driving his Aston Martin back home to Kensington Palace to his family after his public engagement, he's glad it is for an opening of a shopping district that he managed to buy a big bouquet of his wife's favourite flowers and toys for his sons.

The clouds were dark and the thunder rumbled loud when Charles reached home.

Charles entered their apartment in the palace and immediately noticed the silence that welcomed him.

"Your royal highness, you've returned." Diana's secretary bowed and greeted him.

"Yes, where is everyone?"

"Her royal highness dismissed everyone early, she said she's not feeling well."

"What happened, where is she and the kids?"

Diana's secretary fixed his tie, "Her royal highness drove prince William and prince Harry to Windsor Castle early today for them to spend the weekend with their cousins. When her royal highness returned here we discussed her upcoming schedules, after she received a letter she dismissed us and told us she's not feeling well and needed to return back to her room."

"Thank you. I will see and check her upstairs."

...xxx...

Charles dashed off to their room wondering what happened to his wife. When he reached their room he did not see his wife inside and noticed the broken glasses scattered everywhere.

"Diana what happened to you, where are you?" He thought worriedly about his wife.

Charles searched in every room for Diana inside their apartment to no luck and looked for her outside in the gardens and finally in the stables where he finally saw her getting ready to ride her horse.

He immediately noticed Diana's eyes red from too much crying and that she did not even bother to greet him and continued to prepare the saddle on her horse.

"Diana." Charles called just enough for Diana to hear and notice him.

After securing the final strap on the saddle, Diana handed over the picture she received to Charles. Charles looked at it and tore it into pieces.

"I'm surprised you still know where your home is Charles after you clearly came from hers." Diana said, her tears now flowing in her eyes.

"Diana I know it is my fault. It was not my intention to go to her, it just happened because I was jealous of your friendship to James Hewitt that I want to hurt you also." Charles tried to explain even though he knows his reason is not enough to justify what he did to his wife.

"Really Charles? I thought you are better than that. I know about how the nanny slandered me to you when she reports to you at night. But did I stop her? No, because I thought you would be rational about it and not believe her words, but clearly not because you went back to the arms of your former lover." She said angrily.

"It only happened once and believe me I regret every second of it. I don't know if this will make my mistake less but it was your name I was screaming for when I did it." Charles was now crying as he said this, he doesn't want to hurt Diana by telling her what he did but he needed to explain everything to her.

The rain started to pour when Diana got on her horse, Charles wanted her to go down for it is dangerous to ride a horse when it is raining hard but she did not listen to him and rode off on her horse.

Charles immediately went inside the stables and get his horse and follow his wife and stop Diana before anything happens to her.

...xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.