Chapter 6

September 1980

"Diana how are you?" Charles asked on the other side of the phone.

"I'm fine Charles how about you? I saw you on the news today, congratulations on your speech."

"Thanks Diana. Listen I will be at Balmoral Castle with my family this weekend and I want to spend it with you. I want to introduce you formally to them."

"Charles I am honored, yes I will be there and meet your family and spend the weekend with you."

"My driver will drive you from your residence in Althorp to Balmoral. Be careful on your way here, I will see you soon."  Charles said through the phone.

...xxx...

Sarah helped Diana pack her clothes she will be bringing to Balmoral and wished her luck.

"Just be yourself while you are there Duch, if the prince really loves you he will support you while you take their infamous test."

"I know, I am nervous I don't want to disappoint him and his family."

"You won't Duch, you are a Spencer."

Before Diana entered the car Charles sent for her, Diana's grandmother, Lady Fermoy said something to her.

"This will be the most important weekend of your life dear. Remember that."

...xxx...

Charles welcomed Diana when she reached Balmoral Castle.

"How was your trip?"

"Long?" Diana said and both of them laughed together that was seen by queen Elizabeth and prince Philip through the window above the castle.

"It's been a while since I saw your son laugh like that." Philip said to his wife.

"Agreed, I can't wait to meet her properly."

"Oh you will."

...xxx..

After Diana was led to her room and her bags secured, Charles picked her up from her room to bring her to his family and introduce her.

Diana cutsied before the queen and the other members of the royal family before Charles introduced her.

"I want you all to welcome my girlfriend, lady Diana Frances Spencer."

"Welcome to Balmoral Castle Diana, we do hope you enjoy your stay here with us." The queen said while looking at Diana from head to toe.

"Thank you for welcoming me your majesty." Diana said and bowed.

...xxx...

Charles and Diana walked around Balmoral with Diana happily bouncing on the wet grass.

"You remember the first time we met?" Diana asked wondering if Charles still remembered that fated day in Althorp.

"Of course, you almost fell on the wet plowed field and I helped you when your foot got stuck under the mud. You were so young then, yet you always have that charm of yours." Charles said and took Diana's hand in his.

"I was only 16 then. Who would have thought that years later we will be in a relationship together."

"No one. But I am glad we are together."

...xxx...

During dinner, Diana shared stories with the royal family about life in Althorp. After dinner Diana played the piano and sang a song for the royal family that delighted the queen and queen mother, after singing they played charades and indoor games before calling it a night.