Chapter 18

Charles scrubbed himself thoroughly in his bath that it made his skin red, he felt so dirty for what he did to his wife. He's just angry and jealous Diana's getting friendly with her riding instructor he got drunk and tried to get even by sleeping with Camilla, it was already done when he realized he's wrong for Diana's always friendly to everyone and her being friendly does not mean she's sleeping with them.

"Fuck! How can I explain this to Diana, she'll be furious and will not trust me again! So much for your much deserved timeout Charles Philip Arthur George."  He thought and punched the mirror in the bathroom that broke the glass wounding his right fist.

...xxx...

Edward was like a brother to Diana for they are not far in age and they used to play together a lot in their youth, that when he got word of his brother Charles asking for a timeout and stayed away from his own family Edward always visited his sister in law and nieces.

William and Harry greeted their uncle Edward when he arrived at their residence.

"How are you two?" Edward asked ruffling the hair of his nieces.

"We are both fine uncle Edward." William answered.

"Carry me please." Harry begged for his uncle to carry him in his arms.

"Of course Harry." Edward carried Harry. "You are heavier than last time."

"Mummy's always taking care of us while daddy is busy in his work." William answered for his younger brother.

Edward's face changed into serious and looked at Diana who he noticed got thinner the last time he saw her.

"Harry dear, please go down from your uncle. He's a busy person like your father, he still have other things to do today." Diana said and Harry asked his uncle to bring him down.

"Thank you uncle Edward, when you see daddy tell him we all miss him already." Harry said with a huge smile on his face.

"I will."

"Come on Harry, let's go inside our room." William called his younger brother who followed him upstairs to their room.

"Diana how are you?"

"Aside from missing Charles I'm fine, the boys are the source of my strength ever since he left for Highgrove." Diana said honestly.

"He's a fool, always thinking high of himself just because he's heir apparent. Charles will return eventually, I am sorry for what he did."

"Thank you, you don't need to ask forgiveness for something you did not do. Edward how is he? Is he doing alright in Highgrove?"

"Yes, I heard he's busy on his hobbies while there. I am going there after visiting you and the kids and knock some sense in him." Edward promised.

...xxx...

Charles called the royal physician to Highgrove and have his wound caused by punching his mirror checked.

"The wound is not deep your royal highness, it just needs to be cleaned and dressed to avoid infection." The royal physician said after checking the wound on Charles' fist.

"Thank you doctor, I appreciate you coming here immediately."

"Excuse me your royal highness, your brother prince Edward is here." The private secretary of Charles said after he knocked at the door.

"I will see him thank you."

Charles went to the library where Edward was waiting for him.

"Edward, how are you, what brings you here?" He asked wondering what Edward is doing in Highgrove.

"I just came by Kensington before coming here. Your family misses you a lot Charles, your sons are asking for you and Diana lost too much weight form waiting for you to return."

Charles looked down at his bandaged fist a reminder of what he did last night and felt sorry for his wife and children.

"I miss them a lot also Edward but I don't think I can return yet." He said his head still lowered ashamed of what he did.

"Why? How long do you want yourself and your family to suffer for your selfishness? You called for a timeout to enjoy the activities you used to do before you got married, is one month not enough time to enjoy those? So much for talking to mama about how you decided to change on your own and not because Diana asked you to change."

"It is far more complicated than that Edward, you see I broke my vow to Diana."

Although Edward respects his eldest brother, what he heard made him furious that he held his brother's collar. "What do you mean?"

"I slept with Camilla last night." Charles said with tears in his eyes.

"No...you did not."

"I'm afraid it's true and I regret it so much that I punched the mirror in my bathroom that wounded my fist as a reminder of what I did."

Edward let go of his brother's collar, "Why, I thought you love Diana? You even have sons with her already and yet you broke your vow to her in front of the altar."

"I fucked up I know. I was angry when I got word that Diana's too friendly with James Hewitt that in my jealousy I drank until I am drunk and decided to meet with Camilla and the next thing I know I was already kissing her." Charles said honestly.

"James Hewitt the riding instructor? I saw him instructing Diana and William to ride horses and he's nothing but a professional. You know how friendly Diana is with everyone even to strangers and servants, how can you think so low of her?"

"It was too late when I realized it myself. I am such a fool Edward. How will Diana forgive me once she learns of what I did to her?"

Edward placed his hands on his brother's shoulders, "I don't know, but do everything you can to make her forgive you. Diana loves you, I'm sure she will find it in her heart to forgive you. Just don't do this again, the timeout and sleeping with Camilla."

"Never." Charles said honestly to his youngest brother.

...xxx...

Before Charles returned to Kensington back to his family, he asked his secretary to prepare the necessary documents needed to purchase a property in Italy he's planning to buy where he and his family can go during the holidays and spend time together in privacy.

He also asked for a bracelet made as a farewell gift to Camilla he will give to her as a final goodbye for real this time.

....xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.