Chapter 13

Kensington Palace, June 20,1982

Charles was having breakfast with his wife when his brother Andrew arrived.

"Hello there, Charles, Diana."

"Hello to you to Andrew, breakfast?" Diana greeted and offered breakfast to her brother in law.

"No thanks I ate before coming here, I am here for Charles."

"Why, what is it?" Charles asked wondering what his brother needs from him.

With Diana about to give birth soon, Charles decided hold off his public engagements until Diana gives birth.

"You see there is a charity polo match this afternoon and my team lacks a player. That's why I came here to ask you to play for my team."

Charles looked at Diana who nodded her approval and back to Andrew. "Fine but only one game."

"Yes only one game, the proceeds for the match will go to a chosen charity of yours as my advance gift to my niece." Andrew promised.

...xxx...

Charles played well despite not playing for a long time, throughout the game he wished Diana did not deliver the baby yet for he doesn't want to miss his son's birth. After one game Charles prepared to leave for Kensington when a familiar face appeared.

"Camilla."

"Congratulations on your wife's pregnancy."

"Thanks. It is nice meeting you again but I have to leave." Charles did not want to stay longer than he should be and he did not want to have a casual talk with Camilla.

"I just miss you a lot Fred, it's been a while."

Charles looked at Camilla sharply, "I meant what I said the last time we met and please do not call me by what you used to call me before. We are not on the same page anymore."

...xxx...

It was late afternoon when Charles returned home and he saw his wife walking along the garden.

"How was the game?" Diana asked after kissing Charles.

"We won and I instructed my secretary to keep the proceeds until we can decide which charity we will give it to." Charles said taking his wife's hand and walked with her at the garden.

While they were walking back inside their residence to have dinner, Diana suddenly felt a sharp pain on her lower back that radiates to her stomach that she suddenly fell on her knees.

"Darling, what happened?" Charles asked worriedly while running his hand on her back to try and soothe the pain she's feeling.

"My back and stomach it hurts so much." Diana said crying through pain.

"I think your water just broke." Charles said when she saw water on Diana's legs and carried his wife in his arms and screamed for the driver to ready the car and take them to the hospital immeditely.

...xxx...

Charles paced back and forth inside Diana's room in the hospital, her screams becoming louder and louder as her labor contractions intensifies.

"What is happening to her?"

"She's having labor contractions your royal highness. We are constantly monitoring her and the baby's status." The royal physician said.

"So the baby will come out soon?"

"Yes your royal highness, however she's not yet fully dilated. We have to wait until she's fully dilated before delivering the baby."

Charles stayed by Diana's bedside holding her hand with his, she's been in labor for hours now and still not fully dilated. The royal physician discussed with him about the possibility of a dry labor and the consequences it will have on his wife and child.

"We can either have emergency caesarean section or we can try and induce if the cervix will fully dilate."

Charles took a deep breath and run his hand through his hair, "Try to induce her, if the baby will still not come out that is when you will perform caesarean operation on her."

The royal physician nodded, "Yes your royal highness."

The royal physician induced Diana and her cervix dilated fully that she was able to deliver their baby normally. On the midnight of June 21, 1982 the first born son of Charles and Diana was born.

"Darling look at your son." Diana called Charles weakly and showed him his son.

"My son. Thank you carrying him for me Diana, for giving me a family. I am proud of you, I love you both so much. " Charles felt the tears in his eyes when he held his son for the first time.

Diana also cried with her husband, "I love you both so much also. You both complete my life, what I am feeling right now are beyond words."

Charles kissed Diana tenderly on the lips. "I have to tell my parents about his birth and your parents as well."

"Please do and Charles do rest at our home, you must sleep to recover your strength when we meet everyone tomorrow."

"Are you sure you will be fine on your own here at the hospital darling?"

"Yes, besides I am not alone our son is here with me." Diana said with a smile as she looked at Charles holding their son tenderly in his arms.

...xxx...

The following morning, Buckingham Palace officially announced the birth of Charles and Diana's son. The queen and Diana's parents visited their grandson the following morning with Charles entertaining them for he wanted his wife to rest.

Two days later Charles and Diana proudly showed their son to the public for the first time outside the hospital. On June 28,1982 his name was announced by Buckingham palace, William Arthur Philip Louis.

....xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.