Chapter 5

London, Last Week of July 1980

"Spill it out Duch, are you seeing someone?" Carolyn asked curiously, her usual carefree friend who don't usually spend time on her make up and hair was now spending much time fixing herself.

"Why do you assume that I am seeing someone?" Diana asked nervously.

Carolyn sighed, "For starters you talk to someone every night on the phone for hours, second you now spend time fixing your make up and hair and lastly sometimes when you are alone you smile for no reason at all."

"She's right Duch, you are easy to read for you never dated anyone before." Anne added.

"We are your closest friends Duch, we are like your sisters and we care for you. We are just concerned that whoever it is you are dating will hurt you." Virginia said with a reassuring hand on top of Diana's shoulder.

Diana turned to face her friends, "You got me girls, I am seeing someone and he's the crown prince of England."

"Prince Charles?!" Diana's all friends exclaimed at the same time.

"Yes and keep it down please, we don't want to announce it yet. Only my family and you three knows about our relationship."

...xxx...

"Diana." Charles called when he saw Diana leave her flat.

"Charles?!"

Charles was wearing a black trench coat, fedora hat, fake beard and moustache and dark round eyeglasses. If it wasn't for his voice Diana would not recognize him.

"Yes it is me. Do you lilke my disguise?" Charles reached for Diana's hand and held it.

"I barely recognized you with your disguise I only knew it was you because of your voice. Why the disguise though?" Diana asked while she walked with him.

"I don't want anyone to recognize me while I take you around London, I want you to date me as Charles and not as crown prince Charles and put too much pressure on you."

...xxx...

Charles and Diana ate dinner at a local diner near Diana's place before going to west end london to watch a play together.

"Are there any tickets left?" Charles asked the ticket lady.

"Yes, we have 2 general admission tickets available."

"Great we'll take it. How much is it?"

As they watched the comedy play together, both Charles and Diana can't help but laugh wholeheartedly with the people watching on the general admission.

After watching they walked around west end.

"I can't believe I am saying this but watching a play on the general admission section was more fun and enjoyable than on the balcony." Charles said while he's still laughing about the whole play.

"I know, I always watch whenever I have spare time and the tickets usually left are general admission tickets. I enjoy watching with many people on the general admission and talking with them about the play." Diana said, while she was born to an aristocratic family and can watch plays in the balcony she enjoyed watching with the crowd.

"I know that now. Thank you for letting me experience it." Charles said with a smile he's genuinely happy at what he experienced with Diana. "The night is still young, how about we get something to drink?"

"Sure where do you want us to go and have a drink?"

"How about in a pub I saw at the corner of the street? We can drink beer and be done with it."

"Are you sure? It might be dangerous for you to drink in a pub." Diana said with concern, people usually go to a pub to drink after a hard day's work and some of them hate the royal family. If they learn that it was the crown prince Charles drinking in the pub, they might cause trouble and hurt him and Diana did not want that to happen.

"It will be fine they won't recognise me besides we will only have one pint of beer then we'll leave."

Although reluctant Diana agreed and they went inside a pub to drink a pint of beer.

"Cheers for us, for our future!" Charles raised his glass to Diana.

Diana raised her glass, "Cheers!"

...xxx...

After going out of the pub, Charles led Diana to an alley and when he saw that there was no one there but them, he removed his glasses and fake beard.

"I very much enjoyed tonight Diana, I haven't experienced this much fun before in my life and I owe it to you for sharing this experience with me."

"Thank you for doing this with me Charles. I enjoyed tonight as well."

"I know you are aware of my feelings for you already but let me say it to you. I love you Diana Frances Spencer."

"I love you too Charles Philip Arthur George."

They sealed their feelings of love for each other with a kiss.

What both Charles and Diana did not know was that the personal bodyguard of Charles followed them throughout the whole evening and reported everything to the queen's office.

...xxx...

Buckingham Palace, August 1980

Charles was summoned by his mother queen Elizabeth to have an audience with her.

Charles bowed before his mother.

"Do sit down dear. How are your duties?" Queen Elizabeth said to her son.

"It is fine ma."

"Good, tea?" Elizabeth offered his son some tea.

Charles helped himself to a cup of tea, his mother rarely calls him to share a tea with her unless there is something important the queen wanted to discuss with him.

"Mama, I appreciate you finding time to spend time with me. However, we both know you invited me here because you have something important to tell me. What is it ma?" Charles said to his mother after taking a sip of his tea.

Elizabeth put down her cup of tea, "Alright since you asked, your personal bodyguard reported to me that you snuck out in London wearing a disguise with a woman. Care to explain why you risked your own safety to take a woman out in London."

"That woman has a name and she's lady Diana Frances Spencer and I went out with her because she's my girlfriend. I want her not to feel the pressure of going out with the crown prince of England for a night that is why I went out with her in disguise." Charles explained. Aside from what he said to his mother, he also wanted to experience what it was like to date someone normally and enjoy London as a normal man and not as a crown prince.

Elizabeth thought about what Charles said, this woman must mean a lot to his son for him to risk even his own safety just to make her happy. Also the surname sounds familiar, like from an aristocratic family.

"A Spencer, is she earl Spencer's daughter?"

"Yes, his youngest daughter."

"Invite her to spend the weekend with us this coming September in Balmoral. I want you to introduce her formally to us."

"I will ma."

Of all his past girlfriends, Diana's the only one the queen invited to Balmoral.

"This is good news, my mother's finally took interest to a woman I am dating. I am sure Diana will pass my family's test with ease."  Charles thought, excited to spend a weekend with Diana in Balmoral.

....xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.