Chapter 16 "I Am Older Than You"

A/N

Whoa!! Reached the 2K+ Reads Benchmark!!! Thank you so much to each and every lovely reader of mine who made this possible.

This chapter is dedicated to KAILEA-MARIE, RONWEASLEYFAN1, IETSS55, DUSKTILDARK, MOLDOVASAPPHIRE99, NUMBBBBB, DEJAHRJV, PAIGEGRIESER, CWZ_15, NINAKAUR1, CAITLINSHER, WINX4LIFE, SOPHITZXPERCEBETH, LOVINGAMINE, VIJAYSRIVASTAVA682.

Lucifer's P.O.V

"Morning angel. Just a few minutes more. Breakfast is almost ready. You can wait here or be comfortable in the dining room, till I am finished. It won't take much time" I said to my angel directing her to the chair next to the kitchen island.

Angel still gets scared when anyone touches her. Around a week back when Noah, one of the cleaning staff, accidentally touched her while giving her the book that fell from her hands in the library, she was scared to the extent that it took a few good hours to calm her down.

From then onwards, I have strictly ordered the staff to come and do their respective duties, only when my angel is sleeping.

Though she does not flinch any more; whenever I touch her unconsciously, which is an extremely pleasant change from the way she reacted when I found her around three weeks ago, but still.. I am always careful around her, to not touch her unless she is in any kind of danger, even if the danger is as small as her tripping which happened often heretofore, as her wounds were in pretty bad condition and her body lacked nutrition and strength.

Her wounds though still not completely healed, they are much more better. Her bruises, cuts and burns are also getting better and she is now able to walk with much less difficulty.

"Morning Lucifer. What's for b-breakfast?" She asked softly, tilting her head towards the counter, trying to get a peek at the dish I was cooking.

That's another thing that has changed in the past three weeks. She stammered much less now which showed that she was gradually getting comfortable with me and felt safe in our home.

Also, now she actively takes part in the conversations, unlike her nods and shakes of the head previously. Well, at least in the conversations with me and Asher.

"Hash browns with eggs and cheese sandwich, and orange juice" I told her as I started to plate the breakfast.

I discussed about her eating habits with the doctor. He suggested me not to force her to eat in large quantities but instead try to feed her small proportions of meals on periodic intervals for her body to adapt to the changes.

So I learned to cook many new recipes in the past weeks, especially the ones that have eggs as the main ingredient, since my angel loves to eat eggs. If the food is to her liking, she will probably eat more and her body will get the nourishment it needs.

So I make sure that eggs are always available in the pantry so that I can cook them for her, whenever she craves for it.

"I'll have coffee.. and pancakes too" Asher demanded as soon as he stepped in the house. That's the only thing I wished could change, but sadly it did not change at all- Asher's tantrums.

"Morning sis" he beamed at my angel, and sat next to her. He too understood her reluctance to touch and thankfully avoided any physical contact.

"Morning Asher" she replied softly.

"We have only eggs and cheese sandwich with hash brown as our breakfast today. Eat it or leave it!" I smirked at Asher.

"But I want pancakes and coffee" he whined.

"Well then go and make them yourself.. I am done preparing the breakfast for today." I pointed towards the kitchen.

"But I am older than you!" Asher stated in an accusatory tone, like I was missing the most obvious thing.

I rummaged though all the logical justifications that my brain managed to think, but unable to comprehend how this was relevant in any way possible, I stood there dumbstruck gawking at him.

He huffed and rolled his eyes for now having to explain himself.

Drama queen!!

"So having been given this golden opportunity, you can at least show some of your respect towards me, by making me the breakfast that I want to eat!"

I was so stupefied by his reason that I could not even find any words to say to him.

'Where did that come from? What does being older have to do with breakfast. And even if it did,  the difference is just three months. God! He is so annoying. Just to make people agree to his demands he always speaks nonsensical things and then on top of that he even has the audacity to justify those things with more nonsensical garbage. But unfortunately for him and thankfully for me, his tricks don't work on me.' All the thoughts were running through my mind while I glared at Asher.

"You are not older!"

"I am!"

"No you are not!"

"Yes I am!"

"Three months don't even count!" I huffed.

"They do. Don't they sis? I was born for a full three months earlier than him. So that makes me older than him. Doesn't it?" He prompted my angel and wiggled his eyebrows from behind her, grinning from ear to ear, towards me.

Uh-oh. He knows exactly how to get back at me.

My angel slightly nodded, but it seems like Asher was still not satisfied.

"Can you please say that out loud to him, sis...And since we are on the topic, can you please also tell him that he should listen to me?" Looking innocently at her, he prompted her..again!

"Asher is right Lucifer. He is older than you and you s-should listen to him."

That's it. I sighed defeatedly.

He knew that I will never ever defy anything my angel says. Ever since the time; angel came into my life again, Asher always uses the angel card and makes me agree, to whatever he wants. But he never involved angel directly, at least not until now.

I glared at him, really wishing all the way long that looks could kill, because if they could, Asher would have been already dead by now, brutally!

"Fine. I'll make the coffee and pancakes for you today, but this is the last time. Next time you eat what I make or prepare your own breakfast. Is that clear?" I huffed, standing to move back to the kitchen.

"It's okay. You got lucky today. I'll eat the dishes you already made, so you don't need to bother preparing anything else". He looked at me smirking and wiggling his eyebrows.

'What the hell!'. If he was fine with having the breakfast I made, then what was all his antics about?

As if he understood what I was thinking, he winked and stuck his tongue at me still standing behind my angel..

'God! I can't believe it. He is such a kid. No no no. Even a child is better than him. All of this drama was just to make me agree to the thing, he was unable to do for the last thirteen years-that he is older to me.'

I shook my head, looking down and laughing internally.

A/N

Hello my lovely readers.I am really thankful to all of you who read and love my novel. Please like, vote and comment.

You can also support me on the platform of your choice. The links are provided below:

https://www.patreon.com/pollyannish

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/pollyannish

https://ko-fi.com/pollyannish

https://gumroad.com/pollyannish

You can follow me on Facebook and Instagram:

https://www.facebook.com/pollyannish.author.3

https://www.instagram.com/pollyannish/