35. Happy New Year: Part 2

Start from the beginning

We were still for a moment and suddenly his lips lightly brushed against mine. I felt a tingly sensation for a split second.

It was a small peck. It was almost as though it didn't happen. But I wanted it to.

I wanted this. Whatever it was. Maybe I wasn't thinking clearly. I didn't know but I wanted more.

He moved back slightly and I opened my eyes. Why did he stop himself?

We were silent as our chests rose and fell together. Our breaths fanned each other's faces as we just stared at each other.

His hands dropped from my arms. What were we doing? The line between friendship and more was barely there and I wasn't sure if I cared anymore.

My stomach nearly flipped as he slowly placed his hands around my waist. He firmly held me and I felt like I was going to melt in his hands.

I listened to the voice in my head and placed a hand on his chest.

Our noses lightly brushed each other while our lips still remained centimeters apart.

I slowly slid my hand up his collared shirt and wrapped it around his neck.

I could feel the goosebumps on the back of his neck and I sucked in a small breath.

He licked his lips. "What do you want Maya? Please tell me." His voice came out husky and slow.

His said it quietly but desperate. My body felt like it was on fire. I was buzzing like a moth and we weren't even kissing.

I glanced back up at his lips.

I could do this. I just had to stop thinking about things for once.

"You," I whispered. I felt my heart thumping like a drum now.

One of his hands left my waist as he placed it on my neck, pulling me to him, and closing the space between us.

My eyes closed as our lips finally touched. I felt the firmness of his lips and the urgency of his movements.

Our heads moved together as he deepened the kiss. We were pushing our mouths against each other as if our lives depended on. He was just as hungry for this as I was.

I felt like I was on fire. I was literally getting chills and feeling hot all over at the same time.

My mind was numb and my body was beginning to shake.

He moved his hand from my waist to my back and pressed our bodies together. I felt his hand shake slightly as he held me.

He was nervous too? Thank God I wasn't the only one falling apart right now.

Our chests were against one another and I grabbed at the back of his hair, with our lips never parting.

He moaned against my mouth and I felt waves of pleasure spread throughout my body.

Our lips separated as we caught our breaths for the first time. Our heads rested on each other and I finally opened my eyes.