eighteen

L I L I A N

"Why are you awake?" a voice came from the kitchen scaring me shitless, my hand flew to my mouth to quiet my scream and i noticed it was Masie.

"Fuck, sorry. Scared me shitless" i mumbled getting a glass of water and sitting next to her.

"Sorry"

"It's okay" i smiled "couldn't sleep anymore, went to sleep too early i think, what about you?"

"Oscar quiet literally kicked me off the bed so i think i'll just stay up, it's only six. i'd get up in an hour and a half always"

"Uh, would you like to go shopping? like a girls thing" I mumbled looking into my glass so i didn't have to look at her, i'd never had a girls day or whatever.

"I would love that, i was going to ask you but i didn't wanna drag you away from River. scared he'd beat me up for it"

I laughed, keeping my eyes on the glass and nodding slightly "He's got attachment issues" I joked and she laughed "I've never done it"

"Never done what?" She questioned but her eyes quickly widened in realisation "Oh, a girls day. It'll be good i promise. We can invite Ellie? It'll be good to get to know her after Nate kept her away for so long"

"It was sweet of him to do that though" I said and she screwed her eyebrows together, she wasn't there when Nathan explained why he did it "He did it so River didn't feel lonely, as the only single one"

"He can be sweet sometimes our darling Nate" She spoke and i laughed softly with a nod.

"I'm sweet all of the time" A groggy voice came from behind us and out heads turned quickly to be met with an exhausted Nathan.

"Holy shit mate" I breathed out "You do know it's 6am don't you?" Masie giggled quietly.

"Ha Ha. Laugh it up" He said blankly "River woke me up, apparently today's an important day ladies and gentlemen"

"It is an important day" River interrupted, entering the kitchen already dressed for the day "It's my shops birthday"

"Nobody cares about your shops birthday" Nathan groaned hitting his head on the fridge while turning on a coffee pot with his eyes closed. A man of many talents.

"I'm sorry i didn't let you in while you were drunk when it first opened Nate, but i knew you'd piss on the flowers. You gotta get over it man"

Me and Masie looked at each other before burying into laughter over the image of Nate pissing on River's flowers.

"Stop imagining it" Nate whined like a child "I wouldn't have River, i promised you"

"Yet seconds later, you almost got arrested for public urination" River replied and that was the last straw before me and Masie began hysterically laughing.

These were my people.