five

R I V E R

After me and Lilian laid in the rain for a while we walked back across the abandoned bridge, not along the edge this time. I offered to walk her home, practically begged. It was too dark for a girl to walk home on her own on the streets of Manchester and we both knew this.

She practically pleaded for me to go home and to let her walk on her own. So i let her go, i know it was stupid of me considering she doesn't even own a phone but i'd see her again.

She was tough and she would definitely know how to defend herself, that's something i loved about her. No- not loved. Liked about her.

It was around half one in the morning when i got home, i was still soaking wet and my clothes were weighing me down a little bit i was still pumping on adrenaline. Nothing mattered to me right now.

The boys were still awake and in the living room when i got home, they must've invited out neighbors, Lucas and Zach round because there was two extra sets of voices from the room.

"Holy shit did you fall into a river or can you just not use our shower?" Nathan asked as he saw my soaking wet body in the doorway.

"I met a girl a few days ago" I said sheepishly and all the boys looked at me in shock.

"Really? Harry that's great mate" Oscar smiled from his seat.

"Yeah" I chucked awkwardly scratching the back of my next "She's great too"

"What's her name?" Zach asked as he leaned on the back of the sofa, more invested in Lilian than the game they were playing.

"Lilian" I smiled and slowly walked away

"Wait Styles-" Lucas called down the hall but i shut my door before he could say anything else to me.

I didn't have the effort to change out of my clothes but i knew i'd i didn't them i'd have some sort of rash and the most uncomfortable bed ever.

I feel straight into bed after getting changed and fell into a deep sleep. My dream was reliving the dream and i woke up happier than i ever have.

It wasn't Wednesday, a perfect Monday actually but i decided to stay on the bus stop when my bus came and wait for the Wednesday one i normally catch.

I juts wanted to see Lilian, even if it would make me late to work and mum would be pissed again, i wanted to see if she was okay.

I sat in the same seat as last time, the bus not nearly as packed as it was last Wednesday. The whole bus journey i would look up from my phone to see if Lilian got on at a random stop and i didn't notice.

My stop came and i was bummed and kind of worried that i didn't see Lilian, maybe she only caught that bus on Wednesday like me? Or maybe she didn't get home safe.

Fuck, it would be all my fault i didn't walk her home last night.

I looked up as i approached the shop and smiled as i saw someone standing looking at the flowers outside.

"You're late to your shift" She smiled.