thirteen

L I L I A N

I haven't been to a party since my little sisters 10th, that's the last party we ever had and it was terrible, i mean as a 14 year old in a room full of 10 year olds most things would be more fun than that.

I haven't worn a dress since that day either, that day was the day everything changed really, but now i'm in a dress again and going to a party.

A party with new people and great opportunities to get out there more, or maybe bad opportunities where people recognise me and don't stop giving me dirty looks all night.

"Stop stressing out" Masie said as she placed a hand on my bare shoulder as i stood in front of the body length mirror.

She was wearing a silver silk satin ress, while i was wearing a red version that she let me borrow.

"We're all basically matching" Mia said as she and Julia walked into Oscar's bedroom which was our designated room to get ready.

"You look stunning in red" I compliment Mia as i looked her up and down with a smile.

"As do you" She smiled making me blush and turn back around to the mirror to make sure my hair and makeup looked okay for the 5th time in the 2 minutes i've been completely ready.

"Stop worrying" Julia said as she rested her head on my shoulder "You look drop dead gorgeous"

I sighed and turned around to stop making sure i look okay, the girls all looked at each other and pushed me towards the door, Mia opened it as Julia and Masie pushed me out.

River sat on the sofa staring at his shoes until he heard the click of my heels and he slowly looked up at me

"I-um woah" He stuttered on his words and i pushed some hair behind my ear and smiled.

"Want me to do a spin?" I asked and he laughed slightly nodding his head as i turned and did a little spin.

River whistled and clapped as i steadied myself and curtsied making us giggle together.

"You look beautiful" He said.

"As do you" I smiled as i took in his suited body, he had his hair slicked back and he looked beautiful like that too.

"So who's gonna be there tonight?" I asked River as we waited for the others.

"All of our families and a few of our other friends, additionally some of Nate's work friends that we don't know"

"That's a lot of people" I gulped and River put his hand on the small of my back.

"You'll be fine i promise you" River cups his hands over his mouth "We gotta leave come on!" He yells and drops his hands to his side as the boys all came out of their rooms and the girls came out of Oscar's room.

"We clean up good" Nathan complimented as we all looked at each others outfits. "Guys give me one second" he said as he rushed to the front door.

"What's going on?" Zach asked and we all shook our heads.

Nathan came wondering back in with a girl close behind him in a black satin dress.

"Guys this is Ellie. My girlfriend"