seventeen

R I V E R

It made butterflies erupt in my stomach, it was cliché i know and the boys would definitely make fun of me for it but it was true.

I was crazy about her and i couldn't even form words to be able to tell anyone. I went speechless whenever i tried to express how i felt.

I've never felt that way.

"Happy birthday Lilian" Masie smiled as she came into the kitchen.

"Thanks" Lilian replied awkwardly as Masie got a class from the bottom cupboard and turned on the kitchen tap.

"It's your birthday?" I asked. She never told me when her birthday was, fuck i don't even know how old she is.

"Fuck i'm sorry, i thought you would've told him" Masie apologised as she filled her cup and turned off the tap.

"It's okay" Lilian smiled and Masie swiftly left and waltzed back into Oscar room.

"Is Lilian even your real name?" I mumbled putting a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"Don't be stupid, didn't think my birthday was a big deal" She mumbled taking a sip of her drink.

"How old?" I asked, i seriously feel like i should've known this stuff before we kissed last night.

"twenty one"

"That's a huge deal!" I exclaimed with a smile, it wasn't really i was trying to get her excited about her birthday. Who isn't excited on their birthday?

"Why is that a big deal?" She questioned as she raised an eyebrow. She was catching on.

"Uh- You, you can drink in America!" I pointed and she laughed.

"Good for American me" She raised her glass and i laughed at her, she knew what i was trying to do.

"Why don't you care about your birthday?" I asked getting up to put my bowl in the sink, if it was there later id wash it, if not, cheers to the person who did it.

"Never was a big thing in my family" She shrugged "Why celebrate something you technically had no part in, you're just getting older and if that's a reason to celebrate why don't we celebrate everyday?"

"Don't tell Nathan that" I murmured "He's got a real alcohol problem. Feel bad i didn't know, could've gotten you something"

"That's another reason i didn't tell you" She cheekily smiled "Knew you would do that"

"Got this for you thought" I mumbled and stepped towards her, grabbing her cheeks and softly pressing my lips to hers.

I felt her smirk into the kiss and i smiled into it, never wanting to pull away.

But obviously what you want is never what you get.

"We make food here, not babies"

I groaned pulling away from Lilian to see Nathan and Ellie stood in the doorway.

"You've never kissed Ellie in this kitchen?" I asked and Nathan smirked "Ew oh my fuck Nate!"

"We cleaned up okay!" Nathan defended and Lilian started giggling by my side.

"You're disgusting, we make food here Nate"

"You know how it is man" He tried to reason with me.

"Do not" I mumbled laughing to myself with the fact he was trying to have this conversation "Come on you let's go, I'm scared Nate's gonna try make out with me in a minute"