sixteen

L I L I A N

"Lilian" Nathan smiled as me and River walked into the front room "You're back"

"Yeah, I'm back" I smiled looking between him and his girlfriend, her name was Ellie if i remembered correctly.

"Where'd you go?" He asked and Ellie budged him "What?" He asked as he looked at his girlfriend.

"That's really insensitive babe" Ellie said and wondered her way infant of me and River stopping infant of me "I'm Ellie, we haven't properly met because Niall hid me from all of you"

"Nate why did you do that?" River asked as he looked over Ellie's head and towards him on the sofa.

Nathan cleared his throat and looked between me, River and Ellie.

"Uh, me and you were the last singles ones, i didn't want you to be the only one so i kept it a secret until you met someone" He motioned to me "Which you did"

"You're a little bitch" River pointed "But a little bitch i love dearly" He smiled and Nathan face lit up.

"C'mere you" Nathan stood up and took River in a tight hug "Love you lad" Nathan patted his back as they pulled out of the hug.

"Love you too weirdo, gonna go to my room now is that okay?" River joked and Nathan nodded.

We walked in silence down to his bedroom and he closed the door quietly as i sat on the edge of his bed.

"S'matter?" He asked as he knelt down in front of me, he looked worried.

Nothing was wrong, at all. I was just missing being hugged a little extra after watching their encounter.

"Know you're my favourite person right?" I mumbled and his face lit up "Couldn't live without you. Need you more than oxygen"

"You're scaring me, what's going on?" He clasped his hands around mine staying seated on the ground.

"Just feel like you need to hear it, never got to tell my dad and sister before they passed. Biggest mistake of my life"

"Hey, i am never leaving you okay? Never even thought about it, never will think about it. If i go you're coming with me"

"I'm a handful" I sighed looking down at him to see his smiling.

"I know lovie" He smiled pressing his lips to my knuckles and my face fell "Sorry, shouldn't have done that, know you aren't good with touch"

"No" I spoke "No i liked that, can you um, do it again?" I asked and he smiled kissing my hand again, and again, again.

He stood up, towering over me considering i was still sat, he lowered his head and rested his forehead on mine.

Was he going to kiss me? Fuck.

What if i mess things up, my specialty is blocking people out after things change.

"You're panicking" He whispered his breath fanning over my face.

"Can't help it, never kissed someone before" I mumbled as his eyes flicked from my lips to my eyes.

"Don't have to do it, don't wanna pressure you"

"No! I want to"

"Promise?" He held his pinkie out underneath our heads, i looked down and connected my pinkie with his.

Before i could even register it he lifter my chin with his pointer finger and connected our lips softly.