"Oh yeah the tour " I groan then palm my face "Damn I'm making them miss their show "

"Durk canceled it as soon as he found out you were in the hospital "

"Really ? " I question

"Duh " india says "he don't play bout you . He even told yall momma and she told him 'you know what to do ' "

I laugh a little and shake my head "for her to want him out the streets she sure do be encouraging it "

"Exactly she know what her son is- "

"Excuse me ms . Banks ?" A small nurse pops her head in the room interrupting india .

"Yes ? " I smile

"There's an officer here to talk to you about the events that took place regarding your assault " she informs me and I nod a little signaling her to send them in . Seconds later a male officer appears with a note pad .

"Uhm h-hey " he stutters looking at India

"Hi " she says awkwardly . He smiles at her then takes a step closer.

"I'm sorry you're so beautiful" he tells her . She mugs him and shakes her head

"Ain't you in here to do a job ?" She asks him

"Yes but can I get your number ? " he asks . Damn this officer is bold .

"No I'm sorry My boyfriend kills people " she says sweetly and I chuckle a little .

His eyes get big then he turns his attention to me and clears his throat .

"Uhm hello I'm officer Harris " he says in a much more professional voice "to my understanding you've been physically and sexually abused by your ex correct ? " he asks

"Yep " I nod a little

"By any chance is your ex boyfriend the little angry fella with the dreads ? " he asks sighing

"No that's my current boyfriend " I tell him

"Okay and where was your boyfriend when this situation occurred ? "

"I told him to drop me off and give me about thirty minutes before coming back " I inform him

He writes on his note pad a little then stops to furrow his eyebrows "wait you were dropped off at your exes house by your current boyfriend ? " he asks . I shake my head at how crazy it sounds then nods .

"Yes thats right "

"What kinda ghetto shit is this? " he mumbles then coughs to cover it up "anyways no matter what the circumstances were you are severally beaten and domestic violence is still very illegal in Chicago no matter what some may think , especially towards women . But since you came to his property, you have the choice to press charges , which I'm sure you want to- "

"No " I cut him off and he looks at me weirdly

"No ?" He questions confused

"Yeah I don't want to press charges " I shake my head .

"Ms banks if you press charges we won't let him hurt you but if you don't there's a good chance he will do it again " he explains " you don't plan on going back to him do you? "

"Of course not " I shake my head .

"I just don't understand ms banks" he says then sighs "are you sure ? "

"Yes I'm sure "I nod

"May I ask why ? "

I look at him then look at india .
"It's handled already "