Chapter 47 - Meliodas vs. the Ten Commandments

So I got a lot of comments from people saying they weren't ready so ... guess I'll see you next Monday!

Love you all and stay safe!

Haha just kidding 😋

~~~~~

The shock in the air was almost palpable. The heat from Escanor's attack was fading quickly, the coolness of night rushing back in. A thick, dark smoke rose in columns from the still bodies of Drole and Gloxinia.

Without looking back, you stepped off your arena and landed at Drole's feet. You let your wings unfurl.

As Meliodas landed, he cracked the floor. Dust and chunks of rock flew into the air. Anger and anticipation were pounding through your body. It was yours. It was his. And under it all was a little bit of sadness.

Meliodas reached out a hand to you. You reached for him, but he didn't take your hand. Instead, he traced that pattern on your arm once more. And you couldn't ask about it because then Meliodas was talking.

'Let's get started,' he said. 'It's time for the real festival.'

It was quiet for a moment. Quiet and still in the way it was always quiet and still before a battle. When your heart beats faster and adrenaline fizzles through your veins. And the black flames began to flicker on your wrist.

Meliodas and Drole collided with a bang that shook the air. Drole was knocked back, right into your waiting fist. Your knuckles cracked against his jaw. But Drole recovered quickly enough, all four of his fists surrounding Meliodas. And Meliodas knocked them all back with such force it sent Drole reeling. You went high this time, pulling your wings and feet in to plummet straight into Drole's chest. A fountain of purplish blood burst from Drole's mouth.

With one strike from Lostvayne, two of Drole's arms were no longer attached. They fell. Drole did not.

Drole examined the wound in his chest. 'You anticipated this,' he said. It wasn't a question.

'Yeah. We've been waiting for this moment.' Meliodas kept his back to Drole. 'For the chance to catch you off guard and strike.'

You put one hand on your hip and looked Drole in the eye. 'If we attacked you head on, you'd have your guard up and be ready for us. Right? Under circumstances like that, there'd be no way we could win.'

'To get you to let your defences down, we came as people just looking to have a little fun with their friends,' Meliodas continued, back still turned. 'Of course, we never mentioned this plan to any of them.'

'That magic eye of yours would've seen through that right away,' you put in.

'Then all we had to do was wait for you guys to leave yourselves exposed.' Meliodas was completely still. 'Luckily, Escanor created the perfect opportunity.'

A strange humming noise filled the air. Behind Drole, Basquias had become the giant flower again. As you watched, a glowing droplet fell onto Gloxinia's unmoving body. He began to glow.