Final Day of Freedom pt.2

Start from the beginning

Kyoko: Yeah, it does.

Sayaka gasped.

Kyoko: What?

Sayaka: You smiled!? I've never seen you smile before!

Kyoko tried hiding her face, but Sayaka stopped her.

Sayaka: There's nothing wrong with showing a little emotion every now and then, right?

Kyoko didn't move for a second, but she nodded shortly after.

Y/n: Alright, food's ready!

Y/n walked into the room, bringing in bowls of food with Makoto behind him. He places it on Kyoko's table and everyone went quiet.

 He places it on Kyoko's table and everyone went quiet

Y/n: Uh what?

Junko: You made this?

Y/n: Well Makoto helped....

Chihiro: This looks amazing! Can we dig in!?

Y/n: I don't see why not, have at it!

Everyone: Thanks for the food!

Everyone cheers as they all started digging in.

Hajime: This is delicious!

Mukuro: The different flavors work well together.

Sayaka: Imf lofe thish

Junko: Not bad.

Y/n: Ha ha! Thanks, looks we did well Makoto.

Makoto: A-All I did was hand you the stuff you needed. I didn't do much.

Y/n: The fact that you helped at all means you did do much, this wouldn't be as good as it is without you either.

Makoto: Thank you Y/n.

Kyoko was the only one who hadn't eaten yet.

Sayaka: Are you not going to eat Kyoko?

Chiaki: It's really good.

Kyoko hesitated. Y/n noticed this and he crouched down to meet her gaze.

Y/n: You don't have to eat if you don't want to, it's your choice, just make sure that choice comes from where it belongs.

Kyoko stared at the food in front of her, she reached forward with her chopsticks and took a bite of the meat that was served. They were right, it was good.

Kyoko thought back to the countless meals she had made for herself, how bland they tasted everyday. No matter what recipe she followed, she could never make something good. That was when it hit her, it wasn't the recipe or the food that was the problem.

Sometimes the best meals come from eating together. A tear fell from Kyoko's face.

Sayaka: K-Kyoko!?

Y/n: Was my cooking bad?

Junko: Did you poison her you jerk!?

Y/n: How could I have poisoned her!? You're all eating the same food!

Junko: Maybe you poisoned that specific one!

Y/n: How would I have know she was going to eat that!?

Chihiro: Y/n would never poison someone, right Y/n!?

Y/n: Chihiro, if you believe me, why are you pulling out a rope!?

Junko: Tie him up, tie him up and roast him alive!

Chihiro: I-I'm sorry Y/n!

Y/n: H-Hey!

???: Hahaha!

To everyone's surprise a laugh was heard. Everyone turned their attention to Kyoko.

Y/n: Did she....just laugh?

Kyoko cleared her throat and her cold expression returned.

Kyoko: The food is fine, if maybe a little too over seasoned. There was so much Cayenne Pepper, I started to cry.

Y/n: Oh so that's what that was! Sorry about that!

Everyone began to eat again, forgetting about Kyoko's sudden behavior change.

Eventually the party came to and end, and everyone left. Y/n bowed to Kyoko.

Y/n: Thanks for letting us throw this party.

Kyoko: No, thank you for throwing it.

Kyoko said, before Y/n could respond she closed the door on him. Y/n just chuckled to himself as he began to walk back home.

Chihiro: Y/n wait up!

Y/n turned around to see Chihiro running towards him. He waited for her to catch up and the two of them began to walk together.

Chihiro: Today was super fun, we should do it again!

Y/n: Maybe we can invite the whole class next time?

Chihiro: Yeah!

Y/n: I'm going to be honest, I never thought I'd see the day I'd be hosting and cooking for parties. I always thought I'd be alone in my room, forever.

Chihiro: ...

Y/n: But you pulled me out of that, you helped me realize that what I needed wasn't to be alone, but to surrounded by people I care about, thank you Chihiro.

Y/n smiled at Chihiro and she blushed.

Chihiro: Hey Y/n, can I ask you a question?

Y/n: Sure? What?

Chihiro: If I had a secret, a big one, that could change how you see me forever, would you hate me?

Y/n: Well that's vague.

Y/n thought for a second.

Y/n: No.

Chihiro: Even if you realize I'd been lying to you ever since we met!?

Y/n: Nope.

Chihiro: But why?

Y/n: Because in the end, it wouldn't change the things you did for me.

Chihiro: Y/n...

Y/n grinned. He wrapped his arm around Chihiro's shoulder.

Y/n: We all have our secrets, you keeping one or two from me isn't going to make me hate you forever.

Chihiro nodded when she heard this. Y/n let go of her and he looked up into the sky. The moon shined brightly as he stared at it.

Y/n: The moon sure is beautiful.

Chihiro smiled. She looked up too and spoke.

Chihiro: Yes....I hope our future is as bright.

Y/n nodded, and the two of them were happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I'm back! I've had my mental health break and I'm ready to write again....it only took like....six months -_-

Okay sorry I took so long, but when a sentient face needs a break they need a break! Anyway, expect more updates in the future, see ya~