The Triwizard Tournament

There was an end-of-the-holidays gloom in the air when you, Hermione, and Ginny woke up the next morning. Heavy rain was pelting the windows. You and the two girls arrived in the kitchen just in time to say goodbye to Mr. Weasley. He had received an urgent call to go help the Ministry with Mad-Eye Moody, a retired and slightly insane auror.

Mrs. Weasley had called three muggle taxis to pick everyone up and drive you to London. The muggles weren't too happy about transporting overly excited owls. A few Filibuster's Fabulous No-Heat, Wet-Start Fireworks also went off unexpectedly when Fred's trunk sprang open, which did not help the situation in the slightest. After a bit of a drive, you arrived at King's Cross, squished into the backseat of a taxi with Charlie, Fred, and George.

Charlie helped you and the twins drag your Hogwarts trunks through the apparently solid barrier dividing platforms nine and ten and onto the Hogwarts Express. You stowed your luggage in a compartment at the back of the train. The four of you then went to the platform again to say goodbye to Charlie. Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny were also there, standing with Mrs. Weasley and Bill.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie as he hugged you tightly.

"Why?" asked Fred, raising an eyebrow.

"You'll see," said Charlie mysteriously, "Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it... it's 'classified information until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it,' after all,"

"Yeah, I sort of wish I were back to Hogwarts this year," Bill said, wistfully looking at the train.

"Why?" said George impatiently.

"You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill, "I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it..."

"A bit of what?" Ron asked. Before the older Weasley boys could say anything more, the train's whistle blew and Mrs. Weasley ushered you all onto the train.

"Thank you for letting us stay, Mrs. Weasley," you said as you, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Harry, Fred, and George leaned out one of the windows to talk to her.

"Yeah, thank you for everything, Mrs. Weasley," Harry added.

"We couldn't thank you enough honestly," chimed in Hermione.

"Oh, it was my pleasure, dears," said Mrs. Weasley, "I'd invite you for Christmas, but... well, I expect you're all going to want to stay at Hogwarts, what with... one thing and another,"

"Mum!" Ron said, "What d'you three know that we don't?"

"You'll find out this evening, I except," said Mrs. Weasley, smiling, "It's going to be very exciting. Mind you, I'm quite glad they changed the rules!"

"What rules?" you, Harry, Ron, and the twins asked together.

"I'm sure Professor Dumbledore will tell you... now, behave won't you? Won't you, Fred? George?" The train jerked to life and began to move.

"Tell us what's happening at Hogwarts!" bellowed Fred as Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie sped away from you, "What rules are they changing?" But Mrs. Weasley only smiled and waved. Before long, the train had rounded the corner and Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie had disapparated. You and the twins bid Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny goodbye and headed back to your compartment.

"What the bloody hell is going to happen at Hogwarts?" asked Fred as the three of you moved through the corridor.

"Who knows," you said, shrugging, "I'm excited though! Whatever it is, it'll be good," The moment the you and the twins entered your compartment you were immediately jumped upon by Lee Jordan.