Sparklers

When you, Hermione, Harry, and the Weasleys got back to your tent, nobody felt like sleeping. Besides, it was far too loud. The Irish supporters were setting off fireworks, singing at the top of their lungs, and hollering about the match.

Your group was now discussing the game and various quidditch matters in the larger of the two tents. You were sitting around the table with Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, and George, playing cards. Near you, Charlie and Mr. Weasley were arguing.

"Dad, the cobbing foul is so undefinable!" Charlie said, "It's just the excessive use of elbows. How on earth do you measure the use of elbows?"

"The referee decides that," Mr. Weasley argued back, "But you can usually just tell if the elbowing is foul worthy or not,"

"Or you just make sure the referee doesn't see," said George, flicking two cards into the central pile.

"Then you can elbow someone and there wouldn't be a foul," Fred added, who was sitting next to you. You laughed as you tossed a card into the pile.

"Yes!" Ron shouted, throwing down his last card, "I won!"

"I only had one card left!" Harry groaned, "If Hermione hadn't played that ace of diamonds...,"

"Don't put this on me!" said Hermione, "If Ginny didn't-,"

"Whoa whoa whoa," Ginny put her hands in the air, "It was all George, he-," Fred leaned over to you.

"Hey, wanna watch the fireworks?" he whispered in your ear.

"Yeah, let's do it!" you whispered back, causing Fred to smile. You both stood up and began to move to the tent door.

"Oi!" called Ron, "Y/N, Fred? Where are you going?"

"Outside to watch the fireworks," said Fred, "Don't worry about us," Hermione and Ginny looked at you, smirking. You stuck your tongue out at them before exiting the tent.

"Whoa," you breathed. The sky was full of wizarding fireworks, the sort that burst into immaculate shapes. Especially prevalent were the Irish colors.

"Come here!" Fred said, grabbing your hand. He pulled you to a nearby vendor.

"Would you two like anything?" asked the vendor. She had curly hair and a sweet smile. "I've got some collectibles, accessories, everlasting sparklers..."

"Can we get some sparklers, ma'am?" said Fred. You smiled at his politeness. The vendor nodded.

"That'll be a sickle each," she replied.

"I'll pay," you said quickly, "I have some sickles in my pocket,"

"No," Fred said, "I'm paying,"

"Wait, Fred, you shouldn't-," you began, but the vendor stopped you.

"Let your boyfriend pay," she said, giving you a knowing smile, "He wants to do this for you," You would've retorted, but the fact that the vendor had called Fred your boyfriend made your brain freeze. Fred paid and then, grabbing your hand again, led you to the grass by your tents. He pulled out the sparklers and lit them with a tap of his wand.

"Here," he said, handing you yours. You smiled and took it from him.

"Thank you," you replied. You looked at Fred's face. His eyes were shining in the light of the sparklers and his freckles seemed to dance across his nose. You watched Fred start to write his name in the sky.