One of the masked soldiers looks over at the three and quickly motions to a few of their comrades before five gas masked soldiers start running towards them with their weapons trained on them.

Soldier: Da drüben! Hold it right there, Colonizers!

Sergeant: Run!

The Sergeant fires his rifle at the incoming soldiers, who quickly take cover in response. The Private and Valean start running back the way the two Mantleans came from, though the Valean was slower due to her leg as the Private had to help her. The three try to run down another street but more gas masked soldiers run into that street, causing the three to take another path.

Suddenly, the road became icy below the three, causing them to slip and fall. The Valean cries out in pain while the Mantleans grunt from their own pain, which was not as bad as hers.

Private: Where'd this ice come from!?

The three start hearing the ice ahead crack a little bit, as if someone was stepping on it. They look up to see a young-looking woman with white hair and purple eyes walking towards them. She wore a black and grey uniform with a black cloak hanging on her back that had a black Phoenix brooch attached to it, keeping the cloak closed at her neckline. She bore a cold and stoic look as she soon stops and glares at them. The Valean and Private raise their hands in surrender while the Sergeant quickly gets on his knees and takes aim at the woman. Suddenly, the Sergeant feels a crushing grip around his body as he's lifted up in the air without anything grabbing him physically. The crushing grip causes him to yell in pain and forces him to drop his rifle before being thrown to a nearby wall, knocking him out in the process.

The Private and Valean glance over in horror as the woman glances back at them. The pursuing soldiers run up to the scene and pull up the Private and Valean while two soldiers grab the Sergeant's arms. One of the soldiers looks at the woman.

Soldier: My Queen, what shall we do with these three?

Queen: Take them to the ships. Send them home with the rest of their people.

Soldier: Understood, your grace.

The soldiers begin taking the three to the rest of the surrendering defenders before the Valean struggles as she turns to look at the Queen.

Valean: Damn Monarchians, you won't get away with this outrage!

The Queen motions for her soldiers to hold for a moment. The ice below suddenly melt as she approaches her.

Queen: Valean, I want you to convey this message to the King of Vale. *To the Private* And to the King of Mantle. Tell them: "Queen Elise of Monarchia will no longer stand by as her Kingdom's true borders are invaded and violated by the Kingdoms of Vale, Mistral, and Mantle. This war of yours has not only placed your outlying settlements in danger of Grimm attacks, but you have put Monarchia in danger, prompting this response to retake our land and deport many of the colonists."

She then turns around to walk away.

Elise: Ah, also tell them this. As we have accomplished reclaiming our territory, we will maintain strict neutrality for the duration of your war. If any more troops from either side of the Great War violate our borders again, we will side with their enemies in this war. Given what has happened here, I doubt either side would want such an enemy that is within striking distance of each of the Kingdoms.

The Valean and Mantlean widen their eyes as they are taken away. One of the Monarchian soldiers stands by and looks over at his Queen.

Elise: What is it, Commander?

Commander: Nothing, Queen Elise. ... Actually, may I ask why are we not picking a side in this war? By attacking these colonies, while beneficial in allowing us to reclaim our lands, we paint a target on our backs to the world.