When shit goes down

He woke up, feeling well rested, but the pain hit him like a truck. Oh that's right, he tried to kill himself, how could he forget... TWICE! He tried to move, but couldn't. Error opened his eyes and looked at what, or who, was keeping him from moving and saw Ink, holding him almost like his life depended on it. Error smiled and blushed, realizing that his Haphephobia wasn't bothering him at that moment.

The warmth he felt earlier came back, almost masking the pain like painkillers would. He felt so comfortable, that he failed to notice Ink waking up.

"Good morning!" Ink said, smiling at Error.

The glitch jumped at Ink's voice though, but didn't let go of him. Not expecting the squid to wake up almost right after him really startled Error... But he stayed in Ink's arms, still too comfortable to move. "Morning..." He replied.

Ink sighed. "I've been meaning to ask..."

Error looked up at him. "Hm?"

Ink let go of Error, sitting up. "Why..." He started, and then turned to face Error, who also sat up. "Is your cheekbones glowing?" He asked.

"... I..." Error ran his fingers on his cheekbones. "They are?"

Ink shrugged. "Well... Only when you're crying but, yeah!"

"Oh... WeLl ThAt MaKeS sEnSe..." 

Ink looked at him, confused. "Why?"

Error looked away. "Because... My magic comes from negative emotions. The more i suffer, the stronger i get."

"Oh..."

Error looked back at Ink. "I feel like I've told you this before.."

Ink shrugged again. "Maybe, you know I don't have the best memory!" And smiled at him.

They stayed like this for a couple of minutes, until both started to feel someone calling for them. For Error, it was Nightmare. And for Ink it was a distressed citizen. Both went to stand up, but Ink was the only one to leave, forgetting to call Blue to keep an eye on Error. 

The Glitch was still too weak to go anywhere, so he ignored Nightmare's calls, going back to sleep.

***

Ink arrived in a copy of Underfell, where the citizen called from, and it was completely destroyed. Dust from the monsters that lived in this AU was everywhere and there was no sign of the Human.

Ink would have suspected Error for the destruction, if it wasn't from the fact that Error would have destroyed, not only the monsters, but the entirety of the AU's codes, buildings, everything. Leaving it as empty as the Anti-Void. So it wasn't Error, and Ink knew exactly who it was.

Nightmare.

Ink was about to call for Dream and Blue for help, but was interrupted by Nightmare's minions. The first one to engage a conversation was Dust. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

Horror laughed. "looks like Night was right!"

Killer stepped forward. "Come on, guys. You know the plan!" And smirked.

Ink got into a fighting stance, ready to strike. "Do you plan to kill me?"

Killer laughed. "Nah! Night's got something better planned for you!"

Ink smiled, now getting a bit cocky. "You three never have been able to defeat me, what makes you think you can do it now?" He said, now leaning on his Broomie. 

Dust got an attack ready. "You'll see!"

All three started to attack all at once and Ink simply avoided all their attacks easily. Unfortunately he was grabbed by Nightmare's tentacles. They wrapped around him painfully tight, making Ink close his eye sockets out of pain. The tentacles then moved the Squid so he was facing Nightmare.

"Finally! I honestly started to think you would never show up!" Nightmare said, smiling like a creep. Ink tried to struggle, but it was in vain. As if the tentacles got a lot stronger than usual. "Nightmare," He said. "What are you planning?" 

Nightmare laughed. "Something special for my two favorite out-codes!" Ink looked directly at Nightmare, his eyes widening. 

"You see, while you were busy trying to save that pathetic excuse of a destroyer, i was busy gaining power! I've been killing and killing until my LV got higher than anybody else in the entire Multiverse!"

Ink's expression changed from a surprised face to a disgusted one. "You may have grown stronger, but my LV is infinite and Error's a thousand times stronger than you!" 

Nightmare laughed once more, but this time more like a maniac. "Oh, but i don't intend to stop now! There's still a lot of other AUs out there to go destroy! AND I PLAN TO DESTROY THEM ALL!" He yelled, throwing Ink harshly on the ground, picking him up while taking away all his drawing supplies, and throwing him on the ground again. Then he took Broomie and Ink's Vials away and he threw the Squid into a portal. 

Ink found himself in a dark room, with only one small light directed at a wall behind him. He looked over his shoulder and he couldn't believe what he saw. His two best friends, Dream and Blue, were tied up and looked like they were completely exhausted. And worst of all, Ink's paint was starting to wear off...

***

Error passed a very long time lying in Ink's bed. So long that all his wounds were healed. Error started to think about Ink and how long he was gone. Usually he left only for an hour or two, but this time it felt like weeks... Or months...

Error started to get extremely worried, even if he knew Ink could take care of himself, Error couldn't help it. Without any hesitation, Error opened a portal and went to search for Ink. Only to find all the AUs he looked into, were all empty and destroyed. But since those AUs were left with only dust and broken buildings, Error already knew who did this.

"NiGhTmArE... tHaT's WhY hE wAs CaLlInG mE..." Error said out loud, looking around for any signs of the Goopy Nightmare, trying to find him. Thinking the octopus might be responsible for Ink's disappearance. But before he could open another portal out of the AU he was in, a tentacle wrapped around him.

Nightmare smiled wickedly and turned Error so he was facing the lord of Nightmares.

"Nice of you to join us, Error!"

-------------------------------------

Alright, that's it for now folks! Hope you like it ^^