Answers

The stress was overwhelming. Ink didn't know what do to or what to think. Just like in the Created Void-like world of Gaster, Error's wounds weren't healing no matter what he did to help. Even his glitching had stopped. At least he finally remembered he could fuse the bones back together with his paint... But that did not heal his HP.

Ink didn't know when he brought Error to his Doodle Sphere, but he knew it had been a while ago. Still, nothing had changed. Error had been laying in Ink's bed, broken and in a coma-like state since then.

And deep down, Ink blamed himself for Error's actions. If only he had been there. If only he had a good memory. If only he had tried to know more about what Error talked about. His feelings, his pain, those flashbacks...

Those flashbacks... Ink fell in his thoughts trying to remember. When he realized he clearly couldn't, Ink looked through his scarf and notes. When he finally found it, he started to read them out loud. "Error had been seeing some weird flashbacks or.. Memories? About a lot of things possibly related to Geno!Sans? I should look into that more when i get the chance!" Ink fell back into his own head, thinking about who could give him some answers.

"Fresh? No.. Sci? Maybe... Nightmare? Never.. ARGH!" Falling flat on his back beside his bed. "What am i supposed to do? This mystery is going to be the death of me..." He crossed his amrs, pouting. But sat up straight as soon as he repeated what he had just said in his head. "This mystery is going to be the death of me... Death... Reaper!" Ink stood up and was going to jump into his portal, but stopped.

He looked back at the Destroyer, hesitantly. Not wanting to leave him all alone again, Ink decided to ask Blue to stay by his side while he searched for the God of Death. Once he did, he then jumped into the portal and started his quest!

Blue was a bit puzzled. "Ink did not say anything to me at all, he just pulled me into his home and left? Why would he-Oh my stars!" When he turned around while thinking, Blue saw why Ink was in a hurry. So, he sat in a chair that Ink made, and waited.

------------------------------

First he went to the first place where Reaper could be. Reapertale. When he did not find him there, he went for the Save Screen. Where Geno!Sans was supposed to be. If Error was in any way related to Geno, the place would be empty, right? Geno would be gone. Right???

It wasn't empty. Geno was there, with Reaper. Ink was confused. What was going on here? But before he could say anything, Reaper spoke to him. "Hey, Ink! What are you doing here?"

"I... I have a lot of questions right now..." Ink replied. "Can i talk to you somewhere else?" Reaper nodded, said his 'see you laters' with Geno and left with Ink to the emptiest place the Creator could think of.

Outertale.

Reaper leaned on rock. "So..? What's up?" He asked.

Ink's back was facing Reaper. "What do you know about Error?" His tone was serious.

"That he's the destroyer. Why?" Reaper raised an eyebrow.

"No." Ink said, turning to face the God of Death. "You know something. Something that's been hurting Error a lot lately." He crossed his arms. "So, what is it?"

Reaper sighed. "Yeah, i know stuff... But you're gonna have to be more specific." He said, starting to suspect where this conversation was going. Ink sighed and started to explain what Error had told him before. Once he was done, Reaper looked pale, sad and tired. ".... Ink... What he had been seeing was his own memories..."

"His own? So i was right.." Ink frowned.

"Yes... You see, when Geno had finally got the happy ending he ever wanted, he thought that playing with his excess determination wouldn't do anything since it hadn't the first time... But it did... It split him..."

"Wait.. Split? What do you mean?" Confused, Ink looked at Reaper with a raised brow.

"I mean it created two versions of himself. Geno was sent back to the save screen while Error was sent to the Anti-Void... And i didn't know, until i fought Error the first time.. I saw the mark on his rib cage and his soul after a struck him with my scythe... And when i showed him his scarf, he freaked out and left... I discovered shortly after that the version of Geno that i knew was back, so i stopped following Error..." Reaper walked past Ink and sat down on the ledge, looking at the stars. "I never thought he would remember..." A small smile appeared on his face as he recalled all the good times he had before all this mess.

Ink stood behind him, almost speechless. "And... Geno? Did he remember?"

Reaper's smile dropped. "No... He lost he memories as well... So i had to start our relationship all over again..."

Ink sat beside him. "Sorry..." Trying to be genuine. "Thanks for telling me." Reaper nodded and left Ink alone in Outertale. Once he was gone, Ink wrote everything on his scarf, to make sure he wouldn't forget. "That explains the flashbacks, but... Why did he try to kill himself?" Ink thought. "I'll have to ask him when he wakes up, and i will do everything i can to make sure he does wake up!" Ink stood up, made a small puddle of ink of the ground and jumped through it.