Liam looks even more relieved by this answer, as do the others, and the pack starts to get back into their planning phase.

"Okay. Where else could we look?" Lydia asks.

"Let's ask Corey!"

The others frown in confusion, which quickly turns to shock when Scott reaches over toward a cupboard and roughly yanks on what looks like air, which turns into Corey, who has apparently been invisibly eavesdropping on their entire conversation. Corey looks frantic when he sees the appalled expressions on their faces and immediately becomes defensive.

"Wait! WAIT! It's not my fault! They took him, and I couldn't do anything. They took him!" Corey says.

"Who?"

"The Dread Doctors," Corey says.

Stiles, Lydia, Faline, and the Sheriff are discussing the new plans and information they've gathered that day.

"Still nothing from Scott and Liam," Faline says, checking her phone to make sure.

"Are we really sure this is a good idea?" Lydia asks.

"Uh, no... No one thinks this is a good idea"

"But you're trusting Theo anyway?"

"We're not trusting him! We're using him" Stiles says.

"What if he's using us?" Lydia asks.

Stiles makes a face before he shrugs.

"That's probably a given. But look-- we're just trying to cover every place Mason could show up. Malia and Braeden are at Scott's house, Melissa's got the hospital, Hayden and Corey are at the school. Somebody's got to find them" Stiles says.

"Let's hope they find Mason and not the Beast," Faline says.

Stiles, Lydia, Faline, and Sheriff all share a worried look.

Lydia has just walked back into the Sheriff's office from the bullpen to find Stiles sprawled out asleep on the couch, his left leg propped up on the back of the couch in a way that causes his foot to smush the mini-blinds covering the windows. Faline was sat at the end of the couch and Stiles' right leg was in her lap. Lydia looks at him in exasperation for a moment before poking him in the forehead with her index finger. Stiles awakens with a gasp and reflexively scrambles into a seated position, still disoriented from being awakened so quickly and Faline grunts as Simon kicks her in the stomach.

"Mmm, what? What happened? Who's dead?"

"No one"

She shrugs and Faline stands up so Lydia can sit down before she sits in Stiles' lap.

"Well, at least not yet," Lydia says.

She pulls out her phone to check it for updates, and when Stiles just stares at her, she gives him a look that demands that he do the same, causing him to quickly pull his phone out of his back pocket and check it as well. When neither of them has received any news from anyone, they all look anxious with anticipation

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm still thinking. Still, trying to figure out Why Mason? I mean, he wasn't even on the genetic chimera list"

Suddenly, Melissa rushes into the room with a medical file in her hands, which she immediately opens and places on the Sheriff's desk

"He is now," Melissa says.

Lydia, Faline, and Stiles waste no time getting to their feet and walking over to join her so they can see what she's found

"Mason was born with twin embolization syndrome," Melissa says.

"You mean fetal resorption?" Faline asks.

"Mmhmm" Melissa nods.

"He had a vanishing twin in utero?"

"Which accounts for two sets of DNA"

Stiles looks at them all with an exasperated and impatient look for a moment before he interjects.

"Can someone please say it with words that have less than three syllables?" Stiles asks.

Melissa rolls her eyes and over-enunciated her simplified answer in an impatient voice.

"He. Ate. His. Twin" Melissa says.

"Oh, God..."

"But did it help?"

"I don't know. But it's just bizarre enough to sound like it might be important, right?" Melissa asks.

"It has to help. There has to be something"

"Maybe it's because Mason's sets of DNA are internal whereas the others are attached or a donor," Faline says. "Mason absorbed the other set of DNA which means its mixed with his own"

Faline's phone rings and it's Scott.

"Scott?" Faline asks, putting him on speaker.

"They did it Fal," Scott says.

"Did what?"

"They brought Sebastian Valet back to life"

"Well shit"

READ MY NEW STORY QUIETUS PLEASE