Chapter 39

Namjoon's POV

Namjoon squints at the sight of light peaking through his curtains. He looks to his clock on his left,

7:00 AM? Already?

He groans. He hadn't slept all night, not after an eventful and distressful day like yesterday. He turns to his right as he opens his eyes to see you, sleeping soundly next to him. He smiles.

Of course she's sleeping like a baby.
She got a letter.
Though I didn't love Jisu, she was my first infatuation and enemy. She did also ruin my life, but a letter would've been nice.

He gets out of bed and starts the day early. Makes his coffee, cooks your favourite breakfast meal, watches the morning cartoons even though they're for kids, the usual.
He hums a sad song as he treads to the mailbox.
Namjoon opens the mailbox to see it empty, as expected.
Out of habit he mindlessly reaches his hand in to be certain the mailbox is empty, but to his surprise feels something.
An envelope.
His eyes light up as he pulls the object out to find something almost identical to the letter you received from Jisu's mom. "Namjoon" was written on the front in the same handwriting as your letter, but this time with an extra note on it.

It reads, "i was going to give your letter to you after I made a stop at y/n's house but I didn't know you two lived together. jisu would want you to read this alone and without y/n worrying of what it says, so here it is in your mailbox. best regards, ms.kim."
Namjoon smiles at the satisfaction of receiving one last goodbye from Jisu, regardless of what the letter says.
He stashes the letter into his hoodie pocket and locks the mailbox, a light skip in his step as he walks back home.

Y/N's—Your POV
You stretch your arms out in front of you as your eyes adjust to the brightness of the room. Your right arms falls onto Namjoon's side of the bed; empty.
"This early-bird.." you mumble to yourself then chuckle, rolling your eyes at how Namjoon is always awake and up before you.
You turn to reach for your phone on the nightstand and see your letter sitting next to it. Calling, or, reading your name. You haven't opened it yet, you're not ready. You need to be in the right headspace to do so and Jisu's death is too fresh in your mind, still fragile.
You shake off the thought and grab your phone, looking at your notifications.

A text from your mom.
A very very long text from your mom.
Only taking a glimpse at it, you groan and lie back onto the bed.
Your mom is still upset with you for losing your virginity before marriage and still hasn't let you back into the house, you don't really mind it, though. Your beloved brother Hoseok keeps you up to date and brings you leftovers from family dinner sometimes. Either way, you get to see him at school and hang out there since he's also best friends with your boyfriend.