Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

She moves around a little more before her eyes flutter open, exposing her deep brown eyes.

Once she realizes where she's at and who I am, I see the panic take over her features as she quickly pushes away from me to sit up on the bed. Avoiding my presence.

"Morning." I decide to tell her, scooting up to sit up right.

She rubs her eyes, "Morning." Her voice is groggy, yet so soft, "Look I'm sorry about last night." She says, looking down at her lap.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." I tell her, surprised by my tone in voice. "Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah," She nods, "I'm fine. It was really nothing, honestly."

I shrug, "Didn't seem like nothing."

Her body freezes, and she fumbles with her fingers. "Well I'm sorry you had to see any of that. I shouldn't have let you come. It was stupid, I don't know you."

"I wanted to drive you, I offered."

"Yeah, okay but I should've been more persistent on making you stay here or go home. That was stupid of me."

Why is she trying to blame this on herself?

"I would've driven you anyway." I tell her honestly, "You were in no shape to drive. Couldn't get a word out of you the whole ride."

She continues playing with her fingers in her lap, "I'm sorry."

"Why do you keep apologizing Ara?"

It's her turn to shrug, "Don't know. Just feel bad I guess."

My lips part as I'm about to say something, but I'm cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I reach around to the end of the bed to pull the device out of the pocket of my jeans, it's Louis.

I bring the phone to my ear, "What's up mate?"

He sighs in relief, "Fucking finally man. We've been texting and calling all morning. Where the fuck are you?" He snaps.

"Jesus Lou, I was sleeping. What's up?"

"The guy, Kurt? You remember?"

My eyes squint, thinking for a moment. "Uh, yeah. What about him?"

"Well Niall was doing some more digging on him, because Jack wanted a more detailed report about who he was. Turns out he had another motive for wanting to kill you, and it wasn't just revenge."

What?

"What do you mean?"

He sounds annoyed, "I can't get into it over the phone. Niall needs to show you. You need to come down to the warehouse."

I glance over at Ara, who is just looking at me with confusion in her tired eyes.

"Alright. See you in a bit." I hang up the phone.

I look at Ara again, "I gotta go."

She takes a moment, analyzing my face like she's trying to put something together, "Alright."

She stands up off the bed, stretching her arms out in relief. I follow her actions after and grab my clothing off the floor, putting everything on hurriedly.

I sit back on the bed momentarily to slip on my boots, zipping the back to secure them around my feet before standing up to meet Ara.

Her arms are crossed over her chest in a way that made her look almost uncomfortable, my eyes can't help but rake down her body to look at her short bare legs.