2 | inside her pencil case

Start from the beginning

She needed to take notes on this or she was definitely going to fail. The teacher just said they were going to have a quiz on it tomorrow! What was she doing?

Her not taking notes was also going to screw up her plan. She needed to see Sadie's handwriting. Then she would compare that to the handwriting on the notes.

"Uh, excuse me?" Her voice wasn't squeaky, but it wasn't scratchy, either. It was strange, her voice flowed almost like a river of perfection. God, this was making Charlie really uncomfortable. She shifted in her chair slightly with nerves jittering through her body. Just how perfect was Sadie Hunter?

"Do I know you?" Sadie whispered to her harshly.

Besides being in, like, two classes with Charlie... "No, I don't think so."

Sadie rolled her eyes and opened up her notebook, giving her a side glance [glare]. Sadie began ignoring her, once again, but put pencil to paper and scribbled down a couple words from the teacher's lecture.

Charlotte pulled today's note out of her sweatpants' pocket that she had found in her pencil case this morning and smoothed the small, crumpled up note onto her desk.

You're so beautiful when you smile, she read.

She was fairly sure that Sadie didn't write these for her, but just in case...

She kept her eyes trained on Sadie's writing as she mentally compared the writing.

The note writer's handwriting was very stiff and narrow, where hers was big and loopy cursive. There was no way she wrote these.

A big weight was lifted off of Charlie's shoulders. No offense to Sadie, but she was glad she didn't write the notes, because Charlie would just feel awkward. Recieving notes from the most terrifying and famous girl at school, and the notes talking about Charlie's 'pretty eyes' and 'beautiful smile' was a little strange. Now that she thought about it, if she found the person who wrote them, if it were a guy, she would find that extremely awkward.

She barely knew how to approach her own gender, nevermind the male species! There was only guys left on the list, that made her extremely anxious. She could barely approach her own siblings. God, she was doomed.

Shane, Malcolm, and Theodore.

Those were the last on her list.

Shane Marshall was the big shot basketball player of the school. Extremely popular, extremely good looking, and extremely rich. Practically everyone's dream guy and one of the most popular kids at school. He had a killer jawline, Charlie had to admit, and nice hair, the kind of hair that shines in the sun and swishes while you walk.

It was said that he was actually a really nice, sweet, kind, caring guy, but Charlotte doubted it. Highly. Because it was unheard of for someone that popular to be nice. All the populars at the school were mean bullies full of insults. But, if it were true that by some miracle he was actually a good guy, she could use that to her advantage.

Malcolm Dawes, however... He was her dream guy. Disheveled, messy brown hair that fluffed wildly on his head, a dimple on his cheek when he smiled.

She may not interact much with people or hang out with other humans, but it was impossible not to know every detail about Malcolm. He was best friends with Shane, and maybe the complete opposite of him. Almost always with a book or a pencil and paper in hand, singing or humming. He had a taste for theater she had heard, musicals, singing, overdramatic entries, the whole lot of it. She had gone to a summer theater class with him one year and she was all googly-eyed over him. He was sort of extremely geeky, but she found it adorable. He wasn't as well known as the magnificent Shane Marshall, but he wasn't invisible. People loved Shane and Malcolm.

Malcolm was also extremely intelligent, a somewhat math whiz who also had the ability to whip up an ingenious poem. Intelligence was something Charlotte thought was prior for men to have because, quite frankly... A.) It's hot when a guy understands the nerdy things you say [so she heard from television shows and some wattpad books] and B.) There was no way she'd be able to interact with a guy that's all 'whaaaaaaaat duuuude that's totally sick'

Not that she'd be interacting with him, but anyways.

And lastly, Theodore Higgins. She didn't know much about him other than the fact that he sat behind her in History class. She guessed she could call him cute, nerdy glasses perched on his nose and black hair swirling around his ears and curling over his forehead. He was the closest she had ever gotten to anyone out of the three of them, being right in front of him in History. He kind of reminded Charlotte of herself. He barely talked and she rarely saw him with other people. He'd have to join her club. The anti-socialites.

She supposed she'd need to make a club first, but she'd get to that.

Those were her possible note writers.

One basketball-playing rich kid, one [fairly gorgeous] math geek with a style for theater, and one silent kid in her History class.

Charlotte didn't know what to think anymore. She never thought any of them could be writing notes to her.

This was probably going to be harder than she thought.

a/n

if you didn't realize, the chapter titles are where she finds the note that day, and the italicized sentence in the beginning is what was on the note =D

hi guys

are you liking this book so far? do you have any guesses as to who it may be? maybe one of the people left on her list...? ;)

so i do realize this book is really slow right now and really confusing, but after a couple chapters it should be getting a bit more interesting [hopefully]

i'm surprised by all the comments and votes last chapter, thank you! i'm going to try something, the person who posts the best comment will get a dedication next chapter!

i preordered mockingjay and it should be coming in soon + a free poster, i'm so psyched omg i cried through the whole movie >>> yes i read the books as well. multiple times. cried through those too

i'm going to do something that @kpgcatlover [a really perfect and amazing person who is pretty much my literal queen as most of you probably know tbh] does on her books that she said i could do a while back. they're personal goals to see how far i come. it won't determine how fast i'll update. it'll probably give me motivation [like sometimes i see a comment like 'cool!' or something and i'm like wow, maybe they actually like it. maybe i should write more. it's kind of like a reminder when someone votes or comments], but it won't have any impact on updates. it's just something i wish i did on my other books.

GOALS:

5 votes

10 comments

900 reads in total

• dedicated to Aoioa527 who made the awesome banner on the side, thank you bae! I'm sorry I didn't feature it earlier!! •