"Thank you y/n your really sweet I love you! And I love mr cuddles to he's fluffy" she said laughing snuggling her face into the large amount of pillows.

My heart melted at the sight of a happy child in a messed up world like this. 'Good, you sleep well Rose I'll see you in the morning I'll be up soon just need to sort some things out with the boy down stairs, yknow boring adult stuff!' I said sticking my tounge out

Rose started to drift asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow "okay, goodnight"

I let out a breathe of relief and closed the door gently trying not to make to much noise, even though I only met the girl a few hours ago I had made a instant connection with her. I was treating her as if she were mine. I snapped out of my thoughts spinning around on my heels to see Enid and Carl right behind me at the top of the stairs. I shoo'ed them away using hand gestures until we where sitting on the sofa. "Your good with kids" Carl said taking of his hat and placing it on the coffee table

"yea really good, what you gonna do y/n ? Keep her ? Give her to someone in the town ? And what if she's not Ros-"

'She is. I know it, it has to be! And even if its not ill love her just as much, just as much as I would the real Rose okay!' I snapped at Enid

'Look, Enid im sorry its just alot is going through my head right now. Carl its only about 7:30 can you ask your dad to call a town meeting so I can tell everyone about the perhaps Rose ?'

"Yea sure, I'll go get him"

*time skip*

I stood up from the crowd and walked to the front standing next to Rick signaling he could sit down.

'Okay hi, I know Rick leads the meetings but I wanted to call this one'

I looked around the room and it seemed I had everyone's attention

'Today when I was out on a walk I found a little girl. She's no danger whatsoever she's in my room asleep right now and since Maggie went to hiltop I have the house to my self. So I was thinking, we could keep her ? I talked with her earlier, she had adoptive parents at the sanctuary who beat and starve her. She's 7 I can't send her back there!'

There where no protests in the room which caused my to loosen up a bit more since I was incredibly tense

'When Carl first found me 2 or so years ago I mentioned a girl called Rose when I told everyone who I was. I think this is the girl I really do! She says thats her name and that her adoptive parents talk about a sister calling her name which im lead to believe is me. So far I've gotten no protest does that mean she's free to stay ?'

I closed my eyes a bit expecting to fight at least person... nothing, nothing at all except encouraging smiles and nods of approval.

'Okay then I guess that settles it ill be living with Rose just the two of us neighbouring Rick if anyone wants to talk, thanks for your time everyone enjoy your evenings!'

Eveyone was half way out the door until a angry yell emerged from the crowds.

Dean

Dean was the angry old man who was full of opinions and always had something to say. He was always causing some kind of commotion

"HOW COME NEGANS GIVING YOU SPEACIAL TREATMENT AND WE ARE GETTING TREATED LIKE SHIT!"

The sudden outburst raised many following questions around the room as people started to pile back to there chairs

'Right okay okay! Everyone calm down just be quiet! Its of topic but- its no secret that I've been getting free passes. Going outside with weapons, talking to Negan when he comes for his weekly collections. You see-'

Before I could carry on Carl jumped to my side and cut me of
"YOU SEE... well um there's actually no reason at all! Its a mind game Negan is playing with us. Its one of the oldest tricks in the book, you give someone special treatment for no good reason and everyone turns on them eventually getting rid of them. We can't fall for his games and let him have the satisfaction of seeing us fall apart. So we have to just accept that y/n will get some advantages"

Everyone seemed to buy Carl's excuse and left the room content with their answer, shortly after I walked outside catching up with Carl

'Jeezus Carl thanks for saving me back there. I wasn't gonna tell the truth but you totally saved me from what ever crappy lie I was about to tell'

"You're welcome, I wasn't going to let them tear you apart up there..."

We stopped and turned around facing each other. The sun had set, the moon was high in the sky, a cold breeze washed past us and I started to shiver. We stood in the empty streets of Alexandria just staring at each other, even though the world around us had gone completely insane it was a perfect moment

I was looking into his blue eyes and his into my y/ec eyes he leaned down until we where eye level and next thing I knew his lips where on mine. After about 10 seconds we pulled away smiling and blushing uncontrollably hiding it from each other even though we both knew.

After a moment of smiling I finally said something

'Wanna come to my house? It gets lonely since Maggie left and Glenns- um I've got Rose now but I would still enjoy the company.'

"Sure let's go tell my dad first we dont want him to worry"

We walked down to Carls house he knocked on the door and Michonne appeared holding Judith as she rocked her back and forth.

"Hey you two, im just getting Judith to sleep you calling it a day?"

"Um not just yet we where wondering if you and Dad can let me sleep at y/ns tonight? She's just feeling a bit lonely in that big house by her self and watching over the new kid Rose-"

"Yea yea alright I'll tell your dad dont drag on the excuses I know you like her Carl" Michonne teased using her free hand to poke Carls shoulder and wink at me. I couldn't help but laugh and Carl hid his head in embarrassment "you two have fun. But not to much fun! Y/n don't let him do anything stupid"

Michonne closed the door and we ran back to my house, I ran upstairs first to check on Rose. She was out stone cold, I wonder how long its been since she's had a proper rest. I signaled Carl who was waiting at the bottom of the stairs to come up and we went into Glenn and Maggies old room, there was a huge double bed that we decided to jump on like we where 10 years old until we both where worn out.

I climbed under the covers my hand over my beating heart from all the jumping Carl finally collapsing doing the same. We lay staring at the ceiling until I rolled over and turned the lamp of, in all honesty it was quite scary. I had been in the house alone for about 3 weeks with no problems, but it seemed different now. There was a girl next door who was potentially my long lost acquaintance, I was in my parents room and there was a boy lying next to me who had kissed me no more than 10 minutes ago.

The cold air started to ventilate around the room so I searched for the closest source of heat, that was Carl. I shifted over the bed and lay my head on his shoulder slowly drifting of in the comfort and protection of his arms.

Carls pov :

The lights had gone out and the room was getting colder, there was a sound of bed sheets ruffling and y/n was suddenly lying next to me. I smiled as she cuddled into me looking for warmth and safety, it reminded me of the night we spent at the old truck. It was nice. She had fallen asleep so I took my chance to wrap my arms around her and lightly kiss her forehead before I also fell asleep.

Date : 20th January 2021