Kill someone.

500+ reads !? ily ily

I woke up dazy and sweating my side patched up, with blood bleeding through. My eyes started to open and I could hear shocked voices echoing around the room, I lifted my head and Denise rushed oven pushing it back down onto the cold pillow causing me to black out for a few seconds. I finally regained consciousness and lifted my heavy eyes looking across the room seeing Denise filling a needle and Carl fast asleep on a chair.

"You where out for a while y/n" Denise said while finishing up with the needle

"This won't hurt just squeeze my hand" she injected the needle into my lifeless grey arm before I could react causing me to yell a bit startling Carl.

"Jeezus! Woah y/n, y/n your awake are you okay. How is she Denise!?" Carl jumped up from his seat and ran over to my bed.

Denise patted my arm and wiped the syringe with a wet cloth then looked up smiling at Carl "Shes doing great, she will be up and running in no time" although I was glad to hear i would be fine I was confused at was I was fine from ?

'Great that im.. well great but what exactly happened to me...?' Denise turned around quickly and ran over to me putting the back of her hand on my head. "Hunny, im gonna need you to tell me the last thing you remember"

I sat up and racked my brain trying to recall what happened yesterday 'okay well.. I remember waking up in a cell. Escaping. Finding my d- I Negan and Carl arguing with Daryl then... nothing" no one else knew that Negan was my dad apart from Carl and Daryl, I wasn't ready to tell any one else. Denise scribbled something down on a peice of paper and whispered something into Carls ear. He nodded his head and walked over to me kneeling to my level.

"Okay y/n after we left Negans office with Daryl we went back to get everyone else which worked by the way ! We got everyone out and Maggie and Rick are waiting outside for you! Um anyway we where about to open the door when some of the saviours came around the corner with guns. And I think... you can work out the rest"

I closed my eyes tightly and re opened them hoping something new would appear and that I was just dreaming. I carefully placed my hand over the patched up hole in my stomach and looked at Carl in the eye.

'I was shot.'

He nodded his head and put his hand on my face trying to calm the rising panic in my face. "But its okay your going to be fine and everything wil-" he was cut of by Maggie bursting through to room and running towards me patting me down stroking my hair making sure I was okay

"Y/n ! How are you? Are you hot? Are you cold? How's the bleeding? Can you lift your arm-"

'Maggie Maggie! I'm fine im fine. Last time I checked we where taking you to the doctors, hows the baby are you okay?' She smiled and put a hand over her now growing stomach "we're okay, im was going to go up to Hilltop today since they have the right equipment up there but I was waiting to see if your okay.. which you are. So would you mind if I went to Hilltop?" Maggie asked with a nervous smiley look on her face.

I was a little upset but didn't show it, Maggie needed the best right now and if going to Hilltop is the best then she should go. 'Of course Maggie don't worry about me all that matters is you and the baby-' I was intrupted by a gun shot as everyone turned there attention to outside. I tried to stand up but failed so Maggie and Carl took my arms and led me to the porch to reveal a shocked Negan holing Lucille infront of his face. Directly infront of this was Rosita who was pointing a gun at him. Did she just try to shoot him?

Moments later Rosita was tackled to the ground by Negans minions, he knelt down beside her holding a knife to her face. I couldnt really hear what was going on but Rosita looked mad. Which wasn't new but she looked even more mad than normal. She pushed her face up into the knife blood spreading across her cheek onto the floor. As usual Negan laughed. When he didn't know what to do, he laughed. When someone was brave enough to stand up to him. He. Laughed.

Rosita was then pulled of the floor and pushed into the crowd of Alexandrians followed by Negan shouting "kill someone" Dwight didnt hesitate to follows Negans order and pointed his gun straight in my direction which Carl followed up by standing in front of me protectively.

Negan leaped over to Dwight and pushed him out the way causing him to shoot a near by pole holding up the roof giving me a instant headache causing my head to pulsate in agony.

"NOT HER YOU IDIOT! NOT THE BOY EITHER!" Negan yelled punching Dwights arm making him stumble back. "Damn okay okay you said kill someone" Dwight mumbled under his breathe re-adjusting his position getting ready to shoot someone else. I bit my lip not knowing who was about to die and hoping It wasn't someone I knew. The bullet flew from its gun and time slowed down, it was coming right for me until it turned slightly impaling the woman standing directly to my left through the head.

Denise.

She fell to the ground blood pouring out her head, her shattered glasses piercing her skin. Her breathing stopped and her body went limp. That dickhead just killed our only nurse. The woman who took care of us when we where wounded. The woman who provided us food when we where to weak to do it ourself. I dropped to the floor Carl doing the same as we shook her lifeless body hoping for some kind of miracle. Negan and his men where leaving the premises close enough for them to hear me shout but far enough for them to be defenseless

(I know this isn't how Denise dies and someone else gets killed this way butjust go with it✨)

'WHO WILL PAY FOR THIS JACKASS. AND NOT JUST FOR HER. FOR EVERYONE ELSE'

Despite my condition the threat was loud and reached Negan making him pick us his pace driving away moments later.

"Shit..." pain came through Carls voice along with guilt that couldn't be helped "Denise im sorry. You've done so much for us and we weren't able to repay you... checking up on Maggie. Cleaning up my dad after his fight. Patching up y/ns bullet wound. Saving my life when I was shot in the eye. Im sorry" Carl placed his hand on hers and pursed his lips. He stood up and looked at me.

"What we going to do with her?"

'Put her with the others'

There was a pit on the edge of Alexandria surrounded by graves where we buried all the dead. Not the walkers we didn't know. The ones we did know. There where holes around the edge ready for when someone else dies and we put there belonging in the middle. I know its morbid but you gotta be prepared for someone to die.

It is a zombie apocalypse after all.

Date : 11th January 2020