🐾XXVIII. Letter 🐾

Dwayne Grahams

I don't know what's Bryce's goal with me. I know he wants me to realize that Charlotte is dead and wants me to find someone else.

But my decision is fixed. I don't want anyone else. I don't want another one. Dahil alam kong hindi iyon pwede.

It's not that I don't care about anyone else. It's not that I don't like Claudette. There's nothing wrong with her. I like her, actually. But as a friend and I have plans to remain that way.

I care for her as much as I care for anyone else. Kaya ng binalita sa akin ni  Bryce na nawawala si Claudette. Hindi kaagad ako nag panic.

She'll come back. I know. She might just be in a middle of blood lust. Ayaw niyang magkaroon ako ng problema kaya nagpakalayo-layo na lang siya. But I know she'll come back.

Ngunit nakakapanibago ang araw na iyon. Walang nangungulit sa akin. Just like my usual days when she's not here.

I miss the way how she mess with my day. Iyong tuwing seryoso ako sa trabaho ay bigla bigla nalang siyang papasok na may dalang pagkain at kakausapin ako hanggang sa mairita ako sa kanya.

Everything feels different.

Pagsapit ng gabi ay wala pa rin siya. Bryce keep on asking me if I already found Claudette pero wala akong maisagot sa kanya.

"We should find her, Dwayne", aniya sa akin pagkatapos ng hapunan.

Nakatingin lang ako sa kawalan. I jave plans but I don't know where to start.

"She'll come back, Bryce. She's in blood lust", sabi ko dahil wala akong ibang masabi. Hindi nga ako sigurado kung iyon ba ang dahilan kung bakit siya lumabas.

"I know vampires, Dwayne. And I also know that she's gone for real", aniya kaya napalingon ako sa kanya.

"She begged me last night not to kick her out of the pack. There's no way she'll leave", malamig na sabi ko sa kapatid.

Are we fighting now just for that girl?

"I do. Delaney told me", sinuklian niya ng kasing lamig ang boses ko. He handed a letter. Nakatupi iyon ng maayos at halatang hindi oa nabubuksan.

"You must have been so hard on her, Dwayne", aniya at kinuha ang kamay ko ng makitang wala akong balak na tanggapin ang sulat na iyon. Nilagay niya ito sa ibabaw ng palad ko. "If you really do care for her. You'll find her".

He walk away. Natulala akong naiwan mag-isa doon. I hurriedly run to my room and open the letter.

Dear Dwayne Grahams,
I know it's not so long since we've met but I am very grateful for your kindness and for giving me home and a place to stay. I won't forget your kindness for doing that even though we're just a stranger to each other from the beginning.

I'm also so sorry for always causing you trouble. I didn't mean it. I just want to return the favor if your kindness by doing things for you. But I guess that's wrong. I shouldn't have done it.

I know. The moment you'll read this. I'm no longer beside you. But I hope that if we meet again in the future. Don't forget to say 'hi'. We'll remain friends forever if that's what you can offer. I'll accept if with all my heart.

I hope you'll be happy and you'll find someone else to love soon. It's hard and I know it will hurt me when I see you with someone else already. But that's okay. I'll be happy for you.

I'm gone because want to look for my family.

Goodbye, Dwayne.

Claudette Fritz

Kaagad akong napaupo sa kama ng mabasa iyon. She's really gone for real. Hindi ako mapakali sa aking kwarto. I was facing back and forth thinking something how to bring her back.

Is it too late to realize it? Damn it, I don't want her gone. I want her to stay. And most of all, I don't regret bringing her here. Damn it, I don't mean any of that.

Am I being hard on her? I'm just busy and my mind is occupied with something else. Plus my problems with the hunters. And with Charlotte's death.

Nahilamos ko ang palad ko sa aking mukha. Why is this happening? Bakit sunod-sunod ang mga problema ko? I haven't solve one, may iba na naman.

Hindi ako nakatulog sa gabing iyon sa kakaisip kung nasaan na siya ngayon. And she wants to look for her family? Isn't it they've abandoned her?

What really is her plans? To take revenge? She says she's a vampire and her family is living with vampires too.

Could it be she's heading to Moldovia to find them?

Kaya maaga kinabukasan ay tinawagan ko si Thindrel. I asked for his help.

"What, Dwayne? Vampires? What can I help you with vampires?", tanong niya.

"Do you know someone who's family name is Fritz?", I asked. "I have a friend who's looking for her family. Maybe she's heading right there", sabi ko.

"Let me check. I'm sure father has files for that", aniya at narinig kong naghahalungkat siya ng mga files doon. "I didn't find anything, Dwayne. I'll call you later. I'll asked Uncle Cassius and Uncle Niklaus for help", aniya at binaba ang tawag.

Pagkatapos noon ay kaagad kong pinapunta si Bryce sa aking office.

"Claudette is looking for her family. She's heading to Moldovia", sabi ko.

"I thought you don't care, Dwayne. Why look for her now when I saw your happy face when you know she's gone?", sarkastikong tanong niya.

"She's my friend, Bryce. Friends help each other", sabi ko.

"We'll the girl sees you not just as a friend", he stated those words like he's used to saying it to me. Napaangat ang tingin ko sa kanya.

"I don't know what you're talking about. If she does, she should have told me. She's a straightforward person", sabi ko.

"How can she tell you when all you do was to keep distance from her?", he raise and eyebrow.

"Because I have Charlotte---".

"But she's dead!", pasigaw na sabi niya sa akin. "She's dead! She's dead!", paulit-ulit na sabi niya kaya dumapo ang kamao ko sa kanyang mukha.

Tumalim ang mga mata niya sa akin. "If she won't be found. I hope you'll happy. You'll regret for letting her go", aniya at mabilis na lumabas ng aking office.

Nasapo ko ang mukha ko. I grip on my hair hard at napasigaw sa frustration.

She really has her ways on playing with my mind and mess with it. She all the way to turn all my systems upside down. She has all the ways to make me feel in a big trouble.

She's a troublesome. A troublesome I'm looking for.