We're Almost Out!

Start from the beginning

"Don't compare what I'm doing to what you're doing. It's completely different. You know why?" Selene looks at her sternly, standing to her feet and turning towards the window out looking the old barracks where the military base used to be, and is now being used as Damian's hide out.

"Because I'm not betraying my pack like you are!" She says sternly at Tasha without staring at her.

Tasha sighs, closing her eyes and standing to her feet, turning her body away from Selene to avoid letting Selene see the tears running down her cheeks.

"Believe me that if things were different, I would have never betrayed my pack. But I had no choice Selene. And if you were in my shoes, you'd have no choice but to do the same to save your mate."

Selene narrows her eyebrows, turning her body towards her and grasping her hand slowly as she sees Tasha walking away.

"Tasha wait. What do you mean you had no other choice? How is all this relevant to saving your mate?" Selene looks at her, realizing the sincere melancholy in her eyes.

"Damian captured my mate and obliged me to partake on his ugly deeds in exchange to keeping my mate alive, ok? Is that what you wanted to hear? There! Now you know. I had to do everything he and Jazmin told me to do in order for my mate to stay alive. I had no cho-"

"What do you mean Him and Jazmin? Are you saying that Jazmin has been working with Damian all along?" Selene's eyes narrow on her.  Selene's blood suddenly boiling with much greater anger. If she felt she had begun to hate Jazmin before, she suddenly felt a great loath towards her.

The two set their anger towards each other aside for once while they sat to talk.

The more that she sat there listening to Tasha, the more she angered; the more she furiously wanted to strangle her perpetrators and end this battle for good. Now, the only thing was, how to get out of her prison and put her next plan into action.
****

Tasha opens the door to Selene's dorm. She glances carefully walks back inside and leans down towards Selene's shackled ankle.

She reaches in to her hair and brings two hair pins placing one in her mouth while extending the other one completely open and placing it inside the ley whole to the brace holding Selene's ankle.

She glances at Selene nervously. "You don't have to help me. I can try on my own while you escape. I will get to James and Caleb and get your mate out. I promise." Selene looks at her and smiles.

"No. I told you I'd help, and I'm keeping my word. Just, promise me, that even if I don't make it out alive, you will get Hector out of here safe and sound. Please?" She looks at her, looking eye sighted with her and gives her a melancholic smile.

"I promise. But believe me, you both will get out ok. I guarantee it. You and him will be ok." Selene holds her hand grasping it tight in her palm. Tasha's eyes water, and tears run down freely on her cheeks as she sees her eyes.

She quickly gets to work. Despite the burning sensation on both, Selene's ankle and Tasha's hand from the silver, she tries desperately to unlock it, and after a few tries, the lock is broken, the shackle falling carelessly to the ground.

Both Selene and Tasha stare at each other amazed that it actually worked.

She stands quickly and waits for Selene to stand as the wound around her ankle quickly heals. "Ok. You ready?" She asks Selene, the nerves turning in a big turmoil inside of her. Selene nods her head in agreement.

"Now, remember, James and Caleb are in the dungeons next to my husband. There are a total of seven guards down there. But we have to be really careful. Damian has guards running stealthily around every corner of this premises." She walks once more towards the door, she quickly closes it softly as she sees three vampires walking past the end of the corridor where they stand.