One.

What do you get when you put a girl who is tsundere and a girl who has philophobia in the same room?

Well, we're about to find out.

                                       • • •

Falling in love seems so foreign to me.

I mean how can one fall in love when there are other things in life that are more beneficial. We all know falling in love means spending the rest of your life with that person. Getting old together, until you die.

Unless of course, one person or both people in the relationship mess up, resulting in a breakup.

I legitimately cannot see myself in a relationship with someone. In my eyes, I have way too much baggage and will probably make my partner miserable.

Is that why I'm philophobic?

No.

The reason why I have a fear of falling in love is because I have seen what being in love can do to people.

Like my mom.

She has been in an abusive relationship with my father. When I was old enough to understand that getting beat by your dad wasn't normal, I begged my mom to leave him and take me with her.

She refused. And why?

Because- and I quote- "I love your father, sweetie. I can't leave him."

Because of love.

Which just got me thinking. Did my mom not love me enough to leave my dad?

"Hey!" A hand waved in my face, breaking me out of my thoughts.

Returning to reality, I was now facing my professor who was looking down at me in disapproval.

I sheepishly smiled at her, "My apologies for losing concentration."

"The next time I catch you doing that, I will kick you out of my class. This isn't primary school- it's college. Get it together," She lectured before jumping back into her lesson.

I burned with shame as some of my seat mates looked at me in pity. Others in front of me were snickering quietly to themselves, laughing at me.

The professor heard them and whipped around, "You boys shouldn't be laughing. At least Miss. Y/n is able to pass my class with the highest points even when she doesn't pay attention. You guys are close to failing. I would be careful with who you make fun of, you might be working for her one day."

I was genuinely surprised to see Mrs. Kim defend me like that. She is the strictest professor in this college. Hell, everyone in the room was looking at her in shock. The two boys who were snickering at me were red with embarrassment.

One of them glared at me as if I was at fault for him getting called out.

I blankly stared back at him before turning my attention back on the professor.

"That'll be all for today," She sighed and started grabbing her purse and binders, "We'll continue another day."

She waited at the door as everyone left the classroom in a timely manner. I was the last student to leave. When I met her at the door, I bowed my head.

"Once again I'm sorry for not paying attention today."

Mrs. Kim cocked her eyebrow, "So you should be. I am frustrated with how many times you get stuck in your head and lose focus."