One.

12 hours left to live

It's alread the middle of the school year, and things aren't getting any better for Daphne Lewis. She feels as if everyone is ganging up on her, and wants to drop out of school.

Unfortunately, that's not possible.

Daphne woke up late this morning, so the bus left her.

“Stop the bus! Hey!” She screamed. But the kids as well as the bus driver laughed and threw paper at her. Then someone calls out, “Hey! Stop the bus, she ran 3 blocks for us!” So the bus driver does as she says. Daphne hopped in and thanked the girl, which happens to be her best friend, Danielle.

“Thanks Dannie,” Daphne said.

“No problem, Daph,” she replied with a toothy smile upon her face.

And the rest of the school day was obnoxiously irritating.

Teachers screaming at Daphne to stop talking, people passing by the hallway whispering to themselves, probably uttering how a weirdo Daphne might have been, slipping then ruining your lunch, and more agony in this hell hole they call “school”.

6 hours left to live

At home, things were worse. Once Daphne even got there, she heard terrible screaming in the kitchen.

“Archie, why don’t you listen to me? You never do!”

“Charlotte, you don’t even give me time to say what I need to say, so why the hell should I listen to you if you don’t listen to me?!”

Mom and dad are fighting, as usual. Daphne said to herself. She was about to go up to her room, when all of a sudden:

“I think we need to separate. I’m calling my lawyer tomorrow then I’ll file a divorce.” Archie, Daphne’s dad, said.

She heard her heart break into a million pieces and kept stiff until her mother, Charlotte, caught her.

“Daphne, what are you doing just standing there?! You have a lot of chores to do, so hurry up! You’re sleeping outside unless you finish every single thing; are we clear?”

She wanted to cry, but instead she nodded.

29 minutes left to live

It’s 11:31 PM and Daphne was silently crying to herself in her room. Before she finished all her chores, her father slapped her arm for not passing her math test.

She touched the red mark that was on her left arm.

“Ow,” she winced. “I can’t take this anymore.” She cried as she walked herself to the bathroom. She carefully picked up the shiny razor that she keeps just in case she “screws things up”. She walked out and got her permanent marker, writing on the wall: I QUIT. I’M SORRY FOR EXISTING. I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY NOW.

4 minutes left to live.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Cut.

Something cold trickled down her left wrist. She felt the icy liquid go down her whole arm, realizing how deep her cut was.

10 seconds left to live.

Then things went blurry and she breathed her last breath.

“Daphne! You forgot to clean the dishes to-“, her mother screamed at the sight of the large stain that covered half of the sheets. She picked up the phone and called 911, and in no time a really short time, an ambulance took her to the hospital.