21

Maybe Robyn gave the impression that she knew what she was doing, but she didn’t have a clue. Her entire body was buzzing, her heart drumming with desire and her blood pulsing with lust. And she really needed Nicki to take charge, but didn’t know if she was in the right state of mind to do so. She’d had the fantasy often, and even indulged in it while lying next to Nicki in her bed last night. A sensual initiation by someone who knew exactly what they were doing. She was twenty-four, formerly engaged and hardly a virgin, but when it came to this, when it came to sleeping with another woman, she might as well have been.
“God, I want you too,” Nicki whispered back and Robyn felt her body grow rigid underneath hers for an instant. It was only Nicki tensing her muscles so she could topple Robyn off of her and take place on top of her.
“You’ve come here and you’ve turned my world upside down.” Nicki looked down at her, her face still blotched from last night’s tears, her hair a mess from sleeping, and Robyn felt exactly the same way. If this was going to be her first time with a woman—and it was—then what could be better than this? It was unexpected, yes, but was she supposed to have planned for it then? And all those thoughts, as meaningful and deep as they were, they dissolved instantly when Nicki traced a line with her fingertip over Robyn’s nipple.
“I’ll try to go slow.” Nicki’s voice had grown husky while her fingers drew circles around Robyn’s nipple. “But it won’t be easy.” With that, she pinched Robyn’s nipple between her thumb and index finger, causing Robyn’s breath to stop in her lungs. Do whatever you want to me, Robyn wanted to say, but the words stayed lodged behind the lump in her throat. With eager fingers, she pulled at Nicki’s sleep-crumpled blouse. She wanted it off of her. She wanted skin on skin and fingers on her naked breasts and, more than anything, inside of her. The blouse was tight and Nicki helped her hoist it over her head. Robyn had seen her in a bikini, but it was hardly the same as the white lace bra she was wearing now and she couldn’t help but wonder if Nicki had dressed to impress—and if wearing an actual bra for once was part of that plan. Robyn fumbled with the lock and held her breath until Nicki’s breasts sprang free. Robyn had seen naked breasts before, but never like this. Her eyes locked with Nicki’s. She noticed what Robyn seeing her naked from the waist up did to her. Robyn saw the years of pentup everything—lust, life, love—flash in the dark of Nicki’s eyes. It erupted in the blush on her cheek bones, in the sudden drops of sweat on her forehead, and the raggedness of her breath.
“Take me,” Robyn said. “Don’t go slow on my account. Please.” It seemed as if Nicki had lost the power of speech altogether. As if the time had come for her body to work through it now, to chase away the demons of the past. She tore at Robyn’s t-shirt and bra, yanking them over her head, causing the entire expanse of Robyn’s skin to break out in goosebumps. Nicki’s lips captured her left nipple, gently licking it first, before sucking it into her mouth and taking it between her teeth. Robyn buried her hands in Nicki’s hair, digging her nails deep into her
scalp, spurring her on. Maybe Robyn had always known—because how could she not?—but if she didn’t, she knew now. Because this was, no doubt, what it was always supposed to have felt like. Fire and abandon. Heat and passion. Desire and emotion crashing together the way their skin did. The way everything about them did. Robyn couldn’t stop herself, as if a madwoman had taken possession of her body and wormed her way under her skin. She pushed Nicki’s head down, because if no one was going to attend to the mess down there soon, she’d lose all control—and she was already well on her way. Slow. What a joke. Nicki caught the hint and kissed her way down Robyn’s belly. Not with soft pecks, but licking and kissing and biting frantically, because this was as much a first for her as it was for Robyn. She hitched her fingers under the waistband of Robyn’s panties and tore them off her. Robyn greedily helped her by wildly kicking the panties off her legs. And then there she lay. Naked and wet. Her legs spread for another woman. Her cunt pulsing with need. Watching Nicki as she rested her gaze between her legs made Robyn dizzy with desire. Why had she wasted so much time on boys? If a simple look from another woman could make her feel this way? No time to dwell, because Nicki lowered her head and Robyn didn’t want to miss a second of that. She flicked her tongue along Robyn’s pubic hair, planting gentle kisses, inhaling deeply. Robyn wanted to scream and beg and plead, but she also knew she had to give this moment to Nicki to truly share it.
The first touch of Nicki’s tongue on her clit nearly sent her reeling.
“Oh god,” she moaned, her hand searching for something to hold on to. She found Nicki’s hand, splayed out on the bed next to Robyn’s shivering body. She intertwined her fingers with Nicki’s while an onslaught of licks and flicks was launched on her clit and pussy lips. Robyn didn’t know how long she was supposed to last, how long this was supposed to go on for, but her body was already giving way. She glanced at Nicki’s bobbing head between her legs, at their interlocked fingers, at the yellow morning light slanting into the room and she knew this was what she’d been waiting for all her life. This moment. This revelation. This life-changing orgasm. She came. Hard and quick. Her body spasming while her muscles momentarily lost control. Nicki’s impossibly soft tongue on her most intimate parts. And then it was her turn to burst into tears. She cried for Nicki and for herself. For all she had left behind and for everything that was to come. For the intensity of the moment and the fleeting notion in her mind that everything was possible. If something could feel this good and transformative, anything was possible.