Back on Track

Magsimula sa umpisa

Time Skip

"Oh my, Irene! I was so worried about you!" Aphmau hugged me tightly, again something I'm not used to. "Why did you run off like that?!"

Gradually, I wrapped my arms around her. "I needed some time and space to relax away from other people."

She kept holding on but didn't say anything else. "Yes, cause almost chopping a tree down with your sword is defiantly relaxing." I could hear Aaron's eye roll from here.

"You what?" Laurence asked, amusement coating his words. He smirked and it looked as if he was going to start laughing.

I raised an eyebrow, arms still wrapped around Aphmau. "You know, I can do that to a person too." Laurence looked a little scared and it was my turn to smirk.

"No, you won't." Aphmau's voice piped up as she lifted her head from my shoulder. She finally released me from her hug and took a few steps back.

I frowned. Then I ran my right hand through my hair and rested it on my stomach. "I wouldn't anyway. I was just joking..."

Garroth walked into the room with a smile. "I am pleased to say that both Katelyn and Lucinda have woken up."

Aphmau hurried off toward the room they were resting in; I followed close behind. When I got in there, Aphmau was hugging Katelyn and getting as much information about what had happened as she could. I chose to walk over to a dazed-looking Lucinda. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I sat on the edge of the bed, next to her.

"Tired and confused. What happened?"

"Well... There had been a point in time when I apparently let my guard down enough to let him 'sedate' you, for lack of a better word." I put air-quotes around the word sedate. Her eyes widened at the knowledge. "I don't know when that happened, but eventually Aphmau came in with a new guy, his name is Travis. He's got white hair and has the ability to turn into a demon. Or at least part demon." I whispered when talking about him. I haven't seen him since I came back with Aaron and I don't know if he's anywhere around here. "A few things happened, that is not important to bring up now, and then we got out."

"Did Travis carry me out?" Lucinda asked.

I shook my head. "No... I did."

She looked at me sternly. "You know you aren't supposed to carry heavy objects while pregnant!" She whisper-yelled at me. "What if you accidentally got hurt and the baby ended up injured?!"

I whispered back, "It's fine... You are here safe and sound and so am I."

"What else happened?" She asked after running her hand through her orange locks.

"Aphmau can fill you in on the rest. I have a few things to tend to right now." I walked out, this time with no protest from anyone else, and made my way outside the building, before shivering.

"Gosh... I guess I didn't realize how cold it was earlier. I must have been too distracted..." I mumbled under my breath walking a bit farther from the house but stopping on the path to look out at the ocean.

"Distracted by what? My handsome face?" A voice I barely recognized walked up behind me.

I looked behind me to see just who I expected. "Not even close, Travis. I was distracted by other things."

Travis stood next to me and I leaned on the rail. "How do you know the Demon Warlock?" He asked in a hushed tone.

I sighed. "Has Aphmau told you anything yet?"

He shook his head. "All I know is that I took her to an enchanted cave that revealed a secret hidden away by Enki. She stepped up to the middle platform and stared at what looked like an empty book and wouldn't respond when I tried to talk to her."